What do you carry in your Quad Box??

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new CanAm 800 and need to know what you all carry in your quad box when you go quadding?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I carry a good tool kit with extra hose clamps of all sizes and tire repair stuff, dry change of cloths in a sealed bag, freeze dried food packets, fishing gear, some beers and a sawed off 12 gauge actually its a remington 870 marine magnum. :D:D. I only carry the gun when I'm deep in the bush though.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carry a good tool kit with extra hose clamps of all sizes and tire repair stuff, dry change of cloths in a sealed bag, freeze dried food packets, fishing gear, some beers and a sawed off 12 gauge actually its a remington 870 marine magnum. :D:D. I only carry the gun when I'm deep in the bush though.

What sizes of hose clamps...I never thought of that?!

dooski

Reaction score
I would bring a snatch block,firstaid kit in a sealed bag,lots of food, a gps unit,gas,and don't ride alone.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uh... Hello... nobody ever had to look for a bent over tree in the woods before... I'll give you a hint...... Its white and comes on a roll....BAHAHAHAHAH

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A small bow saw
Flashlight
Weatherproof Matches
An old newspaper
A couple bottles of water
Roll of Toilet Paper
A Lawn Chair (Have to be comfortable when stranded)

All packed in a watertight pouch. Like mentioned above...don't ride alone. That tip will probably save you more than anything you can pack.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beer and guns!!! Ride a Kawi and always get home:D

Small saw
Long rope
Knife and fork
GPS
Extra coat
And a few other odds and ends

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I ride ALOT on my own and when I do, my quad box is full of extra gear like saw, 2lb fly tent, hatchet, 30' rope, first aid kit with meds. When I'm riding with my regular group we only bring whats nessesary, no need for 7 air compressors and 6 ax's if you get my drift. :D keeps the quads lighter.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a cheap 12 volt air compressor from Canadian Tire. They can come in handy when a tire comes off the bead. A can of ether and a match will help seat the bead also. Always carry a 50 ft rope or cable because sometimes the winch cable isn't long enough to reach the trees.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a cheap 12 volt air compressor from Canadian Tire. They can come in handy when a tire comes off the bead. A can of ether and a match will help seat the bead also. Always carry a 50 ft rope or cable because sometimes the winch cable isn't long enough to reach the trees.

A can of Either will get a tire bead back on?? I was out last fall with a few buddies and we lost a bead...could not get that back on...had to drive out 5 miles!! Any advice here on how to get bead back on??

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
A can of Either will get a tire bead back on?? I was out last fall with a few buddies and we lost a bead...could not get that back on...had to drive out 5 miles!! Any advice here on how to get bead back on??

BE CAREFUL WITH THE EITHER BUNNY TRICK. If its a front tire that you lost off the bead( usually is) pull your quad up to a large tree and attach your winch cable 5-6 feet up the tree, set your brakes and lift the front of your quad off the ground so its easier to work on. You usually have to clean mud and water out first before reseating the bead. Once your done that just spray a small amount of either inside the tire and throw a match at it and POOF your done. You might need to use a compressor to finish the job or if your really good, its ready to roll. :D

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beer and guns!!! Ride a Kawi and always get home:D

I agree w/ you Slamnek...the kawi is like an old faithful horse, gets you home every time. With a gun along you can shoot a trail snack and wash it down with a few cold beers...:p

Long rope
GPS
Extra coat
Extra gloves
TP
Tire repair kit
Air compressor
Water
And a few other odds and ends

m.mcrae

Reaction score
i bring a spare belt, gas, hatchet, matches, tow webbing, xtra clothes, belaclava, knife, small alum pot for boiling water, bow saw, tire comp, and assorted tools. We have done alot in the bush with this gear. Always have geat to stay warm, start a fire, and boil water.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used the Ether on Sunday on 2 tires worked great..
Air compressor to top up the pressure.

Top Bottom