what do u pack

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well seen this on the atv side but with the bikes it diffrent as for room,so what do u guys bring on the bikes when u go for a days ride in the bush and how are u packing it? just getting back into biking and do a lot of trail riding and need some ideas of what to bring and where to put it. I have a tool belt that goes around my wasit for tools so thats fine, a little haevy mind u need to go trow it and the bike and see what i really need in it.any ideas would be great

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my boyfriend wears a large camel pack backpack that holds water/gatorade, a couple cans of beer, our insurance/registration, basic tools and spare spark plugs, etc, some snacks, and if we need to shed extra layers of clothing while riding there's room for that too. We usually always come back to the truck for a tailgate bbq/lunch, have some beers and tune the bikes and fill up for gas as necessary.

Waxy

Reaction score
Backpack with water, some snacks, extra goggles and gloves, rope and TP.

On the bike I have a rear fender bag that has the required tools to fix most things and a set of tire irons. The front fender bag has a spare tube and everything to fix a flat.

It's a lot to lug around, but riding out on a flat, walking out, or worst case, pushing out, are all a whole lot worse than carrying around a few pounds of tools.

Waxy

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do the front fender bags look like and whats the cost might have to look in to one i have a rack for the back if i want one its big ehugh to hold a 6 pack cooler or a little extra fuel because the last thing i want to do is run out of gas 30 or more kms from the truck. where i ride the truck is a long ways back to go for fuel.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do the front fender bags look like and whats the cost might have to look in to one i have a rack for the back if i want one its big ehugh to hold a 6 pack cooler or a little extra fuel because the last thing i want to do is run out of gas 30 or more kms from the truck. where i ride the truck is a long ways back to go for fuel.

Wouldn't worry about fuel. An xr200 will go for days on a tank of gas.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bring somthing to drink, helmet cam, snacks, tools, clutch and break levers, cell phone. In the truck I bring gas, chain lube, spare air filter (pre oiled), motor oil, bike stand, hoodie, spare socks, and a spare set of goggles.

Waxy

Reaction score

I run these two units and I'm very happy with them -

I bought the rear bag direct years ago, I bought the front bag from Adventure Mototech in Calgary, but it looks like they went out of business.

Waxy

TUCHODI

Reaction score
I haven't ridden in a long time but i always had a fanny pack with ; small vise grips, hockey tape, snare wire, spare jets, leatherman, compass, chain master link. i used a film container for the small bits. tape was for first aid purposes and you can fix a lot of things with snare wire including fenders and even cables

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't ridden in a long time but i always had a fanny pack with ; small vise grips, hockey tape, snare wire, spare jets, leatherman, compass, chain master link. i used a film container for the small bits. tape was for first aid purposes and you can fix a lot of things with snare wire including fenders and even cables

Duck tape fixes anything :p

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bring a tool kit with everything in it.
I alsoe bring tie wraps, chain lube, extra oil/ fuel, tow rope, cell phone, bottle of water, snacks, first aid kit, lunch, extra clothes, sometimes a spare chain/ sprocket spare parts in general... But i never ride alone, and the only thing i bring while riding is the cell phone, water bottle/ snacks. All the rest is left in the truck... I hate having packs and bags because it weighs me down if one of us breaks down one of us usually goes back to the truck to get whats necessary...

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spark plug, wrenches ( that actually fit the bike), matches, space blanket, tire repair kit ( CO2 cartridges ) tow rope, compass, full camel back, tylenoll 3's rag ( to clean goggles ) spare levers, 2 small hose clamps, vise grip leatherman, map for the area, light waterproof jacket, garbage bag, duct tape, folding saw, bug dope & granola bars. We basically go out expecting to spend the night if we had to.Its a goodd idea to figure out how to do minor repairs and how to tow a bike before you hit the trail.
Oh yeah, we also pack small first aid kits for those that pack beer and ride at the same time. :nono:

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well bought a backpack with a 2L balter in it to hold water and enough room to carry some food and a frist aid pack/ tow rope/cell phone/rain pants and jacket. my tools fr my bike and the kids fit nicely in my tool pack that goes around my wasit and isnt to heavey to lug everything around.....almost forgot better put some tp in the pack in case.thanks for all the input maybe i wont need the rack after all.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
front fender bag holds my tire repair repair stuff, irons, c02, patches, small can of wd-40, spare tube (for the front wheel, because it can be used on either wheel in a pinch), and pressure guage.

small tools in the rear fender bag, sockets, wrenches, pliers, paperwork, and screwdriver/bits.

camelbak mule holds all the water I will drink in one ride, as well as food, snacks, gps, SPOT, small first aid kit, several different kinds of tape (electrical, duct, gorilla, hockey), zip ties, pre cut lengths of mechanic's wire, camera, and cell phone.

these tubes hold the tape, zip ties, and mechanic's wire. nice and compact.

pics004Medium.jpg

Top Bottom