What do Cops in cranbrook get paid for

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know police are a very critical part in our communities but they need to start stepping it up not down! I was rearended last nite by a little mazda car no damage to mine but car was a complete write off. We called the police department and amazingly an hour and a half later they made there way down 4 blocks from the cop shop to our accident in that time we saw three other police cruizers driving down the main drag doing nothing. There answer to me was if it has no injuries then we aren't concerned about it!! Isn't it there jobs to protect the citizens and make sure everyone is ok??? It amazes me that we have had some shootings and major sexual assault cases but still no suspects have been charged or even arrested but they will have 3 cop cars on a vehicle thats getting pulled over for tinted windows or for a rolling stop I think the Police Department needs to sit down with there mean and womaen in Blue and have a little talk about priorites!!!!!!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a donut store in town, you could of drove over to see them.:d

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No doubt...it is frustrating but that is now their policy to not attend any MVA where there are no injuries. I had the entire front end ripped off my car in a parking lot hit and run a couple of months ago. It was parked outside a liquor store and the surveillance camera got the whole thing on video. When I initially called them to report the accident, the officer's reply was, "So what do you expect us to do". :eek: They informed me that it would be a waste of their time to look at the video as it would never stand up in court. It is frustrating but those poor buggers hands are so tied by our toothless justice system. They bring em in, our gutless system sets em free.:rant:

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Investigating your accident doesn't generate revenue....

Bingo.

Frankly, I wonder why the cops haven't been paying more attention to the cocaine flowing through town. My guess is they are on the payroll.

Lazy bastages they are.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bingo.

Frankly, I wonder why the cops haven't been paying more attention to the cocaine flowing through town. My guess is they are on the payroll.

Lazy bastages they are.

I don't think it's that the Cops are "Lazy" at all....at least not all of em. It's our fricken system that they have to deal with. I was told for one impaired charge the cops have to do about 4 hours of paperwork, and then a lawyer gets em off anyway. As for the cocaine that's flowing through your town, what is going to happen to the dealers when the cops bust em....not a dam thing! Small fine, less than what they would pay for income tax on an honest living. So if you're waiting at an accident scene while the cops are doing drug surveillance, are you going to be mad that they didn't show up to help you out? They just can't win. They get cursed out by the public and then they get royally screwed by our justice system. Their job is one job I personally could not do because of the frustration factor.:mad:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes very true the canadian justice system is a big joke it just makes me so mad that when i get pulled over for tinted windows that I have the whole detachment on my truck for a $125 fine but when a vehicle is wrote off in the streets and no one is seriously injured then it is out of there hands VERY VERY Frustrating. It sucks big time that they don't care unless it generates revenue for them but I guess thats life and I have learned my lesson that even in a good crash and you wanna do the rite thing and call the cops and report it just to grab the other info and go on with my day. And actually the funny part was when the call first came in a friend of mine said there was 2 cop cars at the local tim hortons lol must have been those new caramel cream donughts they were testing. It would just be nice if they would worry about the drug trafficking and accidents stuff that affect the public and quit worrying so much about writing a ticket for a rolling stop or not signalling it's the least important stuff that they have to worry about because it brings in money to them so GAY

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There must have been a couple of accidents yesterday. I passed one in front of the 711 on the strip at 12:30, and there were 2 cruisers, ambulance and tow truck. Front end of a Dakota was trashed, and the other car was already gone.

If I ever get into a crash, I'll be sure to grab my neck and cry pain, the cops will show and I won't have to work again :d :d

*Just kidding, insurance fraud isn't on my bucket list.

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just more paper work for them to do,thats why no one showed up.

HARDCORE

Reaction score
yes very true the canadian justice system is a big joke it just makes me so mad that when i get pulled over for tinted windows that I have the whole detachment on my truck for a $125 fine but when a vehicle is wrote off in the streets and no one is seriously injured then it is out of there hands VERY VERY Frustrating. It sucks big time that they don't care unless it generates revenue for them but I guess thats life and I have learned my lesson that even in a good crash and you wanna do the rite thing and call the cops and report it just to grab the other info and go on with my day. And actually the funny part was when the call first came in a friend of mine said there was 2 cop cars at the local tim hortons lol must have been those new caramel cream donughts they were testing. It would just be nice if they would worry about the drug trafficking and accidents stuff that affect the public and quit worrying so much about writing a ticket for a rolling stop or not signalling it's the least important stuff that they have to worry about because it brings in money to them so GAY

110% agree! It also pisses me off when the odd one figures he is above the law and can get away with trying to score a guys wife, when they know the hubby first hand :nono:

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally frustrating I agree! but I have a neighbor who is a cop and the regulations and protocols that they have to follow is rediculous. For example, if they are called to a domestic dispute, they are required to ask or somehow determine if there is anyone who has some kind of communicable illness and if so, to put on masks prior to entering...so much for the element of surprise. the other point is also true that their 'priorities' are set by the higher-ups and their hands are tied. Always seems to be a radar/laser gun on every road though!. :twocents:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol I have a somewhat cop complaint.. 2 years ago I was T-boned by a drunk driver at 3 am on St. Patty's day right before the 127 st & 137 ave intersection. Not only was I T-boned and had minor injuries and my brand new 3 week old SUV was completely written off..but it was a hit & run! The pickup that hit me was destroyed but he managed to drive off into the world health club parking lot and escape on foot. Never to be found. It was understandable that it was St. Patty's day and it took over and hour for the cops to arrive on scene..and when they did they were just jerkoffs.. i was bawling, scared out of my mind being my first accident ever, I am somewaht hurt but not enough for them to bother with an ambulance and they're not taking anything seriously at all, laughing, joking around, etc.. then when my vehicle finally got towed around 5:30 am, its cold out im standing on the curb, wanting to so badly go home after everything and the fuggers wouldn't even drive me home! they said it was "out of their jurisdiciton", to drive to the west end and told me to call a cab! Pricks!

Oh and BTW, the ending to the hit and run, I never found out if they ever found the guy or what his punishment was, the investigation never came to a justified close in my eyes, the truck was from BC and probably stolen, i was on modified duties due to whiplash and the BC insurance company did NOT cooperate with me whatsoever.. so basically 2 months later i got my $40,000 cheque and never heard a word after that...

tbosch

Reaction score
I was involved in an accident on hwy 2 near thanksgiving last year. A minivan spun sideways and sideswiped the front end of my truck causing a civic to rear end me. The result was a write off to the minivan and the civic and 20000$ in damage to my truck, trailer and quad. Luckily the police station was close and we ended up having a cop on scene to take statements. The cop himself told me it was just luck of the draw that we had someone show up. He also said that the trick is always to claim there is a suspicion of alcohol being involved. They legally have to show up then. Pretty sad system we have. It also took them nearly two months to get me the police report.:paddle:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yUP ONE BRUTAL SYSTEM WE HAVE HERE IT'S TO BAD CAUSE IT PUTS SO MUCH DOUBT IN PEOPLES EYES ABOUT THE DUTIES OF POLICE OFFICERS. PRETTY BAD WHEN YOU HAVE A CRASH AND HAVE TO MAKE UP A STORY THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN DRINKING OR INJURED JUST TO GET THEM TO SHOW UP TO A SITUATION THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE TO AUTOMATICLY GO TO. THE CANADIAN JUSTICE SYSTEM NEEDS TO GIVE THERE HEADS A SHAKE AND START COMING UP WITH SOME BETTER LAWS OR WAY TO HANDLE SITUATIONS JUST MY :twocents:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reality is that it really all comes down to the government level. In one word....FUNDING. Cities and provinces are always grumbling that the money just isn't in the budget to hire more police officers. The money isn't available to fund tougher penalties and sentences for the criminals. Until we have tougher penalties and more Police to carry out enforcement nothing is going to change....except for he worse.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i dont really want to get started with cops but....LOL. sorry to highjack

last year i was on my way to calgary and there was a serious pileup on highway 2. so the COP. was diverting traffic onto a side road. pretty stupid because after that no one knew where to go. everyone was lost and turning all differant ways. it was A MESS.

i called the local detachment to complain and tell them that they need more officers to be diverting traffic and telling people where to go. the lady on the phone responds " im sorry sir but the memberrs want to be with their familys over the holiday season we are running low on staff " ARE YOU KIDDING ME. first of all the holiday season is the worst of ANY SEASON. drunk drivers, accidents, thefts, people want to get places fast with terrible weather. therefor you should have the MOST staff on. when you become an officer you need to realize that the holiday season may not exist and you might have to celebrate christmas another day. its just the way it is. to serve and protect. not to serve and protect SOME DAYS. i can go into my local tim hortans right now and their would be 10 cops in there. but diring xmas your wont even see one on the road.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reality is that it really all comes down to the government level. In one word....FUNDING. Cities and provinces are always grumbling that the money just isn't in the budget to hire more police officers. The money isn't available to fund tougher penalties and sentences for the criminals. Until we have tougher penalties and more Police to carry out enforcement nothing is going to change....except for he worse.

we keep getting new officers all the time. but it just means more speed traps. that is it that is all. sorry there are more important crimes and issues to deal with other than speeding.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow i dont really want to get started with cops but....LOL. sorry to highjack

last year i was on my way to calgary and there was a serious pileup on highway 2. so the COP. was diverting traffic onto a side road. pretty stupid because after that no one knew where to go. everyone was lost and turning all differant ways. it was A MESS.

i called the local detachment to complain and tell them that they need more officers to be diverting traffic and telling people where to go. the lady on the phone responds " im sorry sir but the memberrs want to be with their familys over the holiday season we are running low on staff " ARE YOU KIDDING ME. first of all the holiday season is the worst of ANY SEASON. drunk drivers, accidents, thefts, people want to get places fast with terrible weather. therefor you should have the MOST staff on. when you become an officer you need to realize that the holiday season may not exist and you might have to celebrate christmas another day. its just the way it is. to serve and protect. not to serve and protect SOME DAYS. i can go into my local tim hortans right now and their would be 10 cops in there. but diring xmas your wont even see one on the road.

so true maxwell you can't just pick and choose like that when you are a cop. I never got the option of taking time off on the holidays when I worked with blackwatch energy they laughed and said get back to work. Especially Holidays the police should have all staff memebrs on

Top Bottom