What did you do?

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy just did an oil delete kit on his 08 xp so he removed the oil res and now there is no spot for the rewind cord and the dpm. Any ideas? What have you seen done? Any pics would be great.

Thanks

Brap

Reaction score
you can order the brackets off the 600rs race sled i beleive.....they have no oil tank from the factory.

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need better or differant angles let me know pull cord.jpg
Module 2.jpg

Attachments

• Module 1.jpg
    Module 1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 254
  • Module 3.jpg
    Module 3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

wombat

Reaction score
order the oil delete stuff from the 600RS. Then you get factory relocating brackets and everything lines up perfectly because they are factory parts. They also supply a tiny little oil reservoir that feeds oil into the cases, its kinda important.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
order the oil delete stuff from the 600RS. Then you get factory relocating brackets and everything lines up perfectly because they are factory parts. They also supply a tiny little oil reservoir that feeds oil into the cases, its kinda important.
I now see that is the best way to go, we weren't aware of it until yesterday. Thanks I will let my friend know.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will be ordering the 600rs kit tomorow for my buddy. It will save us alot of screwing around...lol.

Thanks again

climbin

Reaction score
I haven't removed mine yet but ordered the parts. It came to just over $200 for the rope and ecm mount and the blank out plate. Haven't had the time to westle the oil pump out yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weight, sled runs cleaner

Kinda confused on how the sled will run cleaner? With the ETEC oil is injected into the engine only where it is needed. When you mix oil in the tank with your gas you must actually run a higher oil mixture than the way it was designed thus creating more oil smoke and possibly fouling the plugs easier.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda confused on how the sled will run cleaner? With the ETEC oil is injected into the engine only where it is needed. When you mix oil in the tank with your gas you must actually run a higher oil mixture than the way it was designed thus creating more oil smoke and possibly fouling the plugs easier.

Must oil injections(non etec) put to much in at idle premix 9 out of10 times will burn cleaner at idle. I'm thinking oil delete more for motor safety, I've seen more than one P tec with the oil cable broken/frayed. Its really not hard to premix, I used to fill mine up at the pump and with my super duper $3 measuring bottle it tells me how much oil to put in.

That just my opinion but your right the ETEC is a different beast a little more controling going on than a Ptec.
Weight savings might be equal to a pre game dump:beer:

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the weight savings, might be a little better than a pre game,hahaha, because your getting rid about 3 leters of oil, plus the pump and the tank, i read some ware that it was 18lbs of weight savings, before i get yelled at for saying 18lbs, I said I "READ" it, didnt say i believed it, 18 seems like a lot for what you get rid of but it is nice to dream. I also have a handy dandy measuring bottle, makes life pretty easy, Mixing is very easy espesially if your already bringing fuel from Alberta.

Top Bottom