What did you do to your xp today?

dodgeram18

Reaction score
today i got a little constructive while waiting on parts for my xp rebuild so i built a steel bumper since my aluminum one was a taco and i drilled out my lower air box and doubled up some window screen over the holes. so like the title says post your progress on your sled. any and all mods from 860 bores to a little personal touch like vinyl or powdercoat.
this is my home built bumer

this is my lower air box mod. 2 1/8" holes double screened.

rylester331

Reaction score
Looks good , im not sure if I should throw some more $ into mine and ride her or ride it the way she is and sell her soon

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into getting the S36kit and different skis maybe if you ride in the mountains a lot. I built a Turbo XP last summer, then sold it:beer:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple other almost free "mods": Put pet screen on all the openings to keep snow from coming in (reduce snow/weight buildup and increases belt life), Google "XP footwell mod" (makes footwell almost as good as XM), .... The XP can be made to handle almost as good as the XM, cost a fraction and the sled is much less weight....

dodgeram18

Reaction score

A little before and after, plus full rebuild. new cylinders, dual ring pistons, slp hill climb head. also screened off all hood holes to keep excess snow out of engine bay.

next up a 2 wheel kit.

dodgeram18

Reaction score
well i let my buddy rip my sled today and he managed to mangle my steel bumper so i rebuilt the bumper, installed 2 wheel kit, installed tss boards, vinyl wrapped the tunnel black.

Before:

After:

dodgeram18

Reaction score
yesterday I painted my side panels with fusion krylon. we will see how well it holds up after this weekend, I've got 3 days of riding planned.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally finished the wrap install... 20150322_212233.jpg 20150322_212111.jpg

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assemble core engine and order a new one i guess.....I LOVE 800r!!!
Also i have ashtrays for sale.......

Top Bottom