Rail Reinforcements... Whatch what you buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Platinum owners night I purchased a set of Rail reinforcements for my XM.... In the 2013 catalogue that they gave us they listed a part number that covers SP's XP\s and the Xm's.....

APPARENTLY THE part number listed in the book is the wrong one........ BRP had a second look at the kits after a few complaints (including mine) about holes not lining up and having to drill new ones n your rails and reinforcements to make fit

DO NOT DRILL HOLES TO FIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Your dealer has a "revised" part number and a design that will work properly with the 2013 rails.... The website accessories section shows the kit that is in the catologue to only fit 2007-2012, but the catologue shows it can fir XM's as well....

Just a head up people...... double check your kits and make sure you don't have to drill holes... they should be a bolt on kit ONLY!!!!!!!!

rail reinforcement.jpg <<<<<<<<WRONG ONES FOR XM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I would of got some of those. First ride I bent my rails right in the middle of where your stiffener is. Now running ice age rails with stiffeners I made to boot!

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just stood er up off a little hill popped of the ground maybe a foot doin like 50k then my track was loose as hell when I stopped so looked at the skid and the back section was about 2" off the ground

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd reinforce yours before it happens to yours. I have 3 buddies with the same issue as me all runnin new rails now.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just stood er up off a little hill popped of the ground maybe a foot doin like 50k then my track was loose as hell when I stopped so looked at the skid and the back section was about 2" off the ground

Haha really? I've been Bagging the piss out of mine in this Alberta snow and its perfectly fine!

Sent from a iPhone

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can i join this club? I bent my left rail somehow. Noticed it when it was sitting on flat cement so made a custom stiffner out of 3/4" flat bar lol not pretty but did the trick for now till ii decide to replace it.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya stiffeners are a must where that little bumper is by the rear scissor. Mine bent like nothing I couldn't believe it. But I've jumped the hell out of my new ice age rails and their really tough. Pricey tho. They were like 600$+ with powder coating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom