What could be wrong

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bike wont start. I went out to the local race place and then my bike was idling the staled. Tryed starting it again and some times it would fire but wouldn't run. I open the over flow thing on the carb its getting gas to the carb but i dont no if its going to the motor. There is lots of spark to. What could the problem be. I thing i will have too rip out the carb and clean it one of the flots might be stuck but tthats all i can thing of. AND YES THE GAS AND KILL SWITCH WAS ALL ON.

What do you think?:mad:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
My bike wont start. I went out to the local race place and then my bike was idling the staled. Tryed starting it again and some times it would fire but wouldn't run. I open the over flow thing on the carb its getting gas to the carb but i dont no if its going to the motor. There is lots of spark to. What could the problem be. I thing i will have too rip out the carb and clean it one of the flots might be stuck but tthats all i can thing of. AND YES THE GAS AND KILL SWITCH WAS ALL ON.

What do you think?:mad:

Is it a two-stroke... if so it sounds like a fouled plug. What color is the spark on the plug? blue or orange. Is the plug wet at all when you pulled it? Have you tried pull starting it with another bike or big hill? Did this start maybe after just fueling it up?

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a two-stroke... if so it sounds like a fouled plug. What color is the spark on the plug? blue or orange. Is the plug wet at all when you pulled it? Have you tried pull starting it with another bike or big hill? Did this start maybe after just fueling it up?

No its was all full its a 4 stroke trail bike just for the camp. there is spark tho.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like somethings blocking your pilot jet. a grain of sand will do it. you'll just have to clean it

Dadbro

Reaction score
Sounds like somethings blocking your pilot jet. a grain of sand will do it. you'll just have to clean it

I agree this sounds like the same problem I had on my bike. The pilot jet orifice is very very small, you will need like one brisstle from a wire brush to push through the opening. also check that your air adjust screw did not fall out, I had that happen to me as well. Good luck

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To prevent this from happening in the future. You should always drain the fuel out of your carb and your gas tank before putting it away for the winter. Regular maintenane goes along way in making a bike last for years

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To prevent this from happening in the future. You should always drain the fuel out of your carb and your gas tank before putting it away for the winter. Regular maintenane goes along way in making a bike last for years

Yeah i did when had my yamaha but i sold it. Now i have a yamaha ttr230 but i dont want to keep it cuz i want a two stroke. I only got it cuz i got a really good deal. I was planning on selling it befor the winter but i didnt so it sat in my garge all winter and i didnt winterize it. So look what happen. Thanks for the tip john boy

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well earlier in the year you had replied to my ttr thread and said that you might be selling it because you were out-growing it or something!

oh and i sold my sx700! so i'm sledless!:(

Yeah i sold it now i got the 230 and am going to sell it cuz i want a two stroke. And you have all summer to find a sled. Good luck. And i seen your post when u sold your sled for two dirt bikes and both didnt run and then the guy got his (your old one) stollen. and ask u if he had another one or something like that.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah i sold it now i got the 230 and am going to sell it cuz i want a two stroke. And you have all summer to find a sled. Good luck. And i seen your post when u sold your sled for two dirt bikes and both didnt run and then the guy got his (your old one) stollen. and ask u if he had another one or something like that.

yah thats how the story went!:nono::( but it was not my sx700 we traded , it was an exciter 570! but still!.......... if it was i would have hunted him down , taped his eyes open and strapped him to a chair and forced him to watch michael jackson music video's for the rest of his days! oh yah , bread and water.

and i do have all summer to find a new one!:d but me and my fam are moving to bc so i will buy a mountain max because i loved and sled and the mountain max is pretty much the same sled except long track.

god luck on your quest for your new bike!

ps:what kind are you looking for?

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah thats how the story went!:nono::( but it was not my sx700 we traded , it was an exciter 570! but still!.......... if it was i would have hunted him down , taped his eyes open and strapped him to a chair and forced him to watch michael jackson music video's for the rest of his days! oh yah , bread and water.

and i do have all summer to find a new one!:d but me and my fam are moving to bc so i will buy a mountain max because i loved and sled and the mountain max is pretty much the same sled except long track.

god luck on your quest for your new bike!

ps:what kind are you looking for?

I am looking for a 125 2 stroke or a 250 four. What ever one i can find a better deal on. My 230 would be alright but i race or jump with it. What kiond of sled u looking for another sx 700. I got looks of sleds all artic cat! :d:Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1: :Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a 125 2 stroke or a 250 four. What ever one i can find a better deal on. My 230 would be alright but i race or jump with it. What kiond of sled u looking for another sx 700. I got looks of sleds all artic cat! :d:Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1: :Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1:

arctic cat would be my second choice , then ski-doo and if there was only polaris............i would'nt ride! lol

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arctic cat would be my second choice , then ski-doo and if there was only polaris............i would'nt ride! lol

THE only thing i will own that is polaris is a quad cuz my sports men 700 is great. The suspension is the best. You dont feel any bumbs.:rino:

Attachments

• DSC03078.jpg
    DSC03078.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC03077.jpg
    DSC03077.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 29

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
your addicted to yamaha to? lol i would not buy anything else as long as i have the option!

for some reason people on here dont like it when i defend my brand!:confused:

its because your biased, and your like 14 and havent ever tried any other brand, so you dont know any thing about any of the other sleds, just what you read

Top Bottom