What can/would YOU doo?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He got lucky, Shooting a guy in the back isn't self defense
No its not, but in a round about way yes it is

It was his sh!t being stolen, so it should be self material defense, seeing as it was only owned by one of the two

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you guys need to reread the OP. Im not looking for your cowboy fantasy story. I want to know what the average Canadian citizen is legally allowed to doo to defend himself and his property, which is why I asked a law enforcer to chime in. Have a good day all.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its not, but in a round about way yes it is

It was his sh!t being stolen, so it should be self material defense, seeing as it was only owned by one of the two

so jeff, would you shoot 14 yr old kid for stealing a can of gas?
or for raiding your garden? would you be happy if someone on here shot your kid for driving his dirt bike across their field to get to a trail etc? some people posting on here feel they would be justified !!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you guys need to reread the OP. Im not looking for your cowboy fantasy story. I want to know what the average Canadian citizen is legally allowed to doo to defend himself and his property, which is why I asked a law enforcer to chime in. Have a good day all.

you are legally allowed to defend yourself, your family, from any one threatening you, with reasonable force.

shooting in the back is usually not reasonable force.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There is also the point of a criminal record to take into account. That in itself could cause a lot of problems for the victim (no leaving the country, no southern winter trips, etc....)

So a common thief to deal with is something but the armed common thief might be another thing one has to take into consideration. I know, if my family was in jeopardy, I'd be a little bit of a mad man.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or for raiding your garden? would you be happy if someone on here shot your kid for driving his dirt bike across their field to get to a trail etc? some people posting on here feel they would be justified !!!
Big difference between a sled or vehicle compared to gas or petty crap

And if u read the first threeeeeee words, I said no its not

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is also the point of a criminal record to take into account. That in itself could cause a lot of problems for the victim (no leaving the country, no southern winter trips, etc....)

So a common thief to deal with is something but the armed common thief might be another thing one has to take into consideration. I know, if my family was in jeopardy, I'd be a little bit of a mad man.

and you would be justified if that was the situation. you are being threatened with a weapon right? does a 15 year old kid lifting your bicycle over the fence justify you shooting the kid? would you be okay with shooting him in the back or in the chest? I'm sure you and I would not be happy with the kid stealing, but would you kill him?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big difference between a sled or vehicle compared to gas or petty crap

And if u read the first threeeeeee words, I said no its not

just what is the difference jeff ? is the difference $100, $500, $1000?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem I see is those that will buy this stuff. wonder how many have bought something real cheap from a neighbor, kiji, on the street. justice system is the next problem that needs attention.
icon12.gif

I don't see his getting any better in the foreseeable future either. too many crack heads, and desperate people out there with more coming every day. I put the blame on the parents of these low lives!

we may have to carry guns around just like the old western movies.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That may not be a bad thing. If every thief knew there was a good chance of being shot would the problem be better?

What are the American stats? Lots of gun carrying down there.......

no idea, and no I don't want to liv e there, be like them or have there problems

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Settle down dad.... did you take your meds today?????

and you would be justified if that was the situation. you are being threatened with a weapon right? does a 15 year old kid lifting your bicycle over the fence justify you shooting the kid? would you be okay with shooting him in the back or in the chest? I'm sure you and I would not be happy with the kid stealing, but would you kill him?

just what is the difference jeff ? is the difference $100, $500, $1000?

the problem I see is those that will buy this stuff. wonder how many have bought something real cheap from a neighbor, kiji, on the street. justice system is the next problem that needs attention. https://www.snowandmud.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

I don't see his getting any better in the foreseeable future either. too many crack heads, and desperate people out there with more coming every day. I put the blame on the parents of these low lives!

we may have to carry guns around just like the old western movies.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
No body is going to get charged with laying down a good ol azz whooping on a thief thats trying to steal your sh!t. Leave the guns locked up. No need to shoot anyone in the back. Some people might not have what it takes to stop a thief, that's fine. Just lay down and go back to sleep and wait for the cops to catch up to them some day.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would tell the thief to call Val a pussy while she was In Her car.

Bamm

Now that would be criminal! Lol look what she does when she likes someone. Criminals would change there ways

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No body is going to get charged with laying down a good ol azz whooping on a thief thats trying to steal your sh!t. Leave the guns locked up. No need to shoot anyone in the back. Some people might not have what it takes to stop a thief, that's fine. Just lay down and go back to sleep and wait for the cops to catch up to them some day.

No need to lay down, you have every right to protect what is yours etc with reasonable force, you can do a citizens arrest, hold them there as long as it takes, if they run, fight, threaten you, u can use required force, hopefully if he attacks you with a 2x4, your gun can be used to stop him. Don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
No need to lay down, you have every right to protect what is yours etc with reasonable force, you can do a citizens arrest, hold them there as long as it takes, if they run, fight, threaten you, u can use required force, hopefully if he attacks you with a 2x4, your gun can be used to stop him. Don't think anyone would have a problem with that.
That's what the zip ties are for:p

Top Bottom