What atv to get

600rmk

Reaction score
Hey Guys How you all doing. I currently have a 2009 brute force 750 got it last summer and I sold my king quad to get the brute now i am regretting it. I love the brute force power but it is allot more maintenance than my king quad was. My brother has a grizzly and my sisters boy friend has a mud pro 700. and I like both machines i am going to try and trade my brute force for grizzly, king quad, or a mud pro what do you guys think would be the best way to go and which one would be best and easiest to do mods to. Like I said I had a king quad but the only thing that I had was a 2mm shim and a HMF exhaust. No I know that they do not have the power of the twins but I don't care still fun to ride I heard that the grizzly is great with a machined sheave. Let me Know all you're opinions

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're not super power hungry, the ki.g or grizz are both fun and very comparable rides. The king has slightly more jam than the grizz (1-2hp), but I'm not crazy about some of the lttle thimgs like the rear wet brake greasless primary sheave and a couple other nit picky things that are escaping me at the moment.

In my opinion, the arctic cats are too heavy for the poor power they deliver and probably won't be a reliable as a Yammy. I've even tried a couple of the 1000.s and it seemed pretty slughush and tank like to me.

You might even wanna consider an outlander. Even the 650 will blow away the grizz, king, or mud pro as far as power is concerned. However, it will be heavier and considerably more maintenance, especially if you play in the mud and water.

My favorite so far is the grizz, but that was also my first machine and
i might be a bit biased. Plusses are reliability, clearance, and mud ready with a good set of tires. Minuses are price, and stability.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
between those the grizz forsure put many trouble free kms on my 07 however they to have issues (not sure if they are resolved from factory now) snap ring in the reverse would pop off resulting in a complete teardown and in my opinion a weakly built front diff shift assembly. but hey every one of them has there own issues. I now run an 11 800 outty and love it pushin 3000kms and no issues yet not even a broken axle runnin 28" laws I would seriosly look at can am and have been impressed with the polaris 850 xp's we ride with as well. In my opinion it would be between either polaris xp or can am

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to replace that SIZE of bike look at the new Canam 650 XMR,very nice bike and ready to mud out of the crate....and it will walk circles around a grizz.

Last edited:

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to replace that SIZE of bike look at the new Canam 650 XMR,very nice bike and ready to mud out of the crate....and it will walk circles around a grizz.

I think I would agree, rode grizz for a long time(still have 2) but just picked XMR 1000.......WOW New quad.jpg

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 09 griz, fun to ride, have over 3000km on it, put one axle in it , has to be close to the best bang for the buck. just my experience

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a sportsman 500 HO. It's not going to win any drag races but its a solid bike for the price and for what I use it for putting around, hunting, trail riding). For less than 7k with bumpers winch etc, its a good deal in my eyes. Easy maintenance too.

The 650 Can Am is a deadly bike. It rips and being BRP is top notch quality, and price. The Eps is pretty nice I have to say. I personally hate AC quads but that is just me. The Grizz is tried and true as well.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys How you all doing. I currently have a 2009 brute force 750 got it last summer and I sold my king quad to get the brute now i am regretting it. I love the brute force power but it is allot more maintenance than my king quad was. My brother has a grizzly and my sisters boy friend has a mud pro 700. and I like both machines i am going to try and trade my brute force for grizzly, king quad, or a mud pro what do you guys think would be the best way to go and which one would be best and easiest to do mods to. Like I said I had a king quad but the only thing that I had was a 2mm shim and a HMF exhaust. No I know that they do not have the power of the twins but I don't care still fun to ride I heard that the grizzly is great with a machined sheave. Let me Know all you're opinions

I have a 2012 grizzly... hear good thing about the sim... love the bike...what made me buy the bike was it hasn't changed in about 6 or 7 years and just won ATV of the year again for it's class. I am a hunter and I wanted a reliable bike... I wanted a Honda Foreman 700 with diff lock and more ground clearance. After all the research I ended up with my grizzly 700 through some 27's on it and it goes really well...

If i didn't get the grizzly would have went Can am...

If you get the grizzly look at the 2013 limited edition mat black... awesome looking bike

600rmk

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies keep them coming which one would be easiest to do some cheaper mods, can't afford brand new bike so i am looking an the internet. Not interested in a can am. This quad will be used for hunting allot and of course some fun in the mud and some trails.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies keep them coming which one would be easiest to do some cheaper mods, can't afford brand new bike so i am looking an the internet. Not interested in a can am. This quad will be used for hunting allot and of course some fun in the mud and some trails.

I like bikes you can hunt on all day and never need to carry gas... found my grizzly to be that way... lots of good used ones out there... if your looking look at the grizzly 550 as well... same bike very reliable... can't speak for Can am... i wanted reliability not the fastest bike... IMHOP i got the best of everything a utility quad has to offer... I like the Can Am too but seems more could go wrong...just my opinion... one thing to keep an eye out on the grizzly... it always says it full but when the gauge comes off full it goes empty fairly quick...

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizz is an excellent machine however I am sure u will be wishing for more coming off a v twin already. You can tell yourself all day long that your okay with the less power but I gaurantee u will always be wanting more and spending $$ trying to make up for its shortcomings and not being able to come close to a stock v twin. or parralell in polaris,s case

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizz is an excellent machine however I am sure u will be wishing for more coming off a v twin already. You can tell yourself all day long that your okay with the less power but I gaurantee u will always be wanting more and spending $$ trying to make up for its shortcomings and not being able to come close to a stock v twin. or parralell in polaris,s case
If you can live with less power fine.......Just remember the grizz has the smallest rad out there....LOL Unless you relocate the rad up top ,you WILL overheat often....
OHH and that is something they don`t tell you about in ATV of the year..............LMFAO.

600rmk

Reaction score
Well I am not really sure what to do I like all quads If I was making better money right now I would look into a can am that 650 xmr does look good but i also need a bike for hunting so i would need the front rack maybe I should keep my brute another year and get something next year plan on working in the bush next year. I heard that there was some good mods to do to make the grizzly and king more responsive and have quite a bit more horsepower. I heard that the machine sheave is good in the grizz and the mud buster cams and after market pistons. I read in a forum on this site that a guy said his buddy had that stuff done to his grizz and he could hang with the outlander 800. I am not that much of a speed demon though I like the bottom end wheelie power don't get me wrong love the speed but I like the low end more. I have never had much experience with the can am I hear good things than I hear bad things. But every company is like that you hear good and bad. KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING MAKING MY HEAD THINK WHAT TO GET :Ponder:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your at all concerned with power,don`t buy a grizz......You can spend a fortune and won`t hold a candle to a 650 Canam.Simple fact is you can clutch it,cam it loose your reliabilty and still a Canam or 850 Popo will eat your lunch every time. I know too many to name that went from a grizz to a Canam,i can`t think of one person who went from a Canam to a Grizz. And the Canam is just as reliable as a grizz period.

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
Grizzlys are a reliable machine but so are lawn tractors. And the yammy and a John deer lawn tractor have about the same power. Anything with under 40 crank hp should be reliable.

I have had a lot of can ams since I started riding. 2 renegades and 2 outlanders then a Polaris rzr and now a commander 1000.

The 2 renegades I had over 8000km on each and the one outty I had over 7000km when I sold it. My other outty over 2000km. Only things I had to do we're the odd warranty issue (warped clutch cover etc) and the odd seal.

Any machine will last and work great you just have to treat them good. Regular maintenance clutch cleaning etc.

Everything will have their issues.

Also everyone seems to think the can-ams are way over priced. This is not the case. My buddy just bought a popo 850 for 11,300otd. No winch or bumpers. An 800 outty xt with all bells and whistles you need is around that. So price carefully and look at add ons from factory.

Anyway good luck with what ever you get.

Stiff

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well we ride with a young guy 17 years old. He rides a old 350 Honda. Beats the crap out of it. Slower on the trails but goes everywhere.
be a good hunting unit.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some good mods to the grizz I had trinity's 734 kit, hot cam,pipe snorkels,machined sheave with epi clutch kit the reverse issue mod as well as a piece of keystock welded to the shiftfork slide assy in order to keep it straight and prevent it from flexing and bending when under heavy load resulting in a new front diff because you cannot buy parts for yamaha diffs only either half or complete assy as for the over heating issue rzrgade speaks of never had that issue in 5000+kms not saying no one does however I never had this issue however wifes 700 rhino was horrible for this problem and they run pretty much same parts.
My point is with all these mods it was still no where close to hangin with the twins. But hey there is always NoS or turbo
Am not saying the grizz is not a great machine if you were looking for a bigger machine with the intentions you stated and were coming off a 400 foreman etc I would say grizz for sure. I just don't see u being happy in the long run down grading your hp

Top Bottom