What are your thoughts on

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right Hand steering cars? Should they be legal in North America? I've seen more and more of these on the road, and it seems kind of scary to see these guys on 2 lane highways trying to pass a big truck, they have to come WAY over to see if its clear/safe to pass. All it would take is a wide load to be going by at the same time or someone that is hugging the center line when they pull out to sneak a peak. What are your thoughts? :beer:

Last edited:

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Right Hand steering cars? Should they be legal in North America? I've seen more and more of these on the road, and it seems kind of scary to see these guys on 2 lane highways trying to pass a big truck, they have to come WAY over to see if its clear/safe to pass. All it would take is a wide load to be going by at the same time or someone that is hugging the center line when they pull out to sneak a peak. What are your thoughts? :beer:
hell ya, sum of those cars comin over are suped up by jap tuners, no hp laws there. Oh the choices of jap muscle. A Nissan Skyline GTR R34 would be nice..

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever heard of looking around a vehicle from the right side, particularly useful on curvy roads so not all that applicable in Alberta I guess. Anyway I think they are fine, the problem is that most of them are owned by dumbass ricers sucking on mommy and daddy's teet. They drive them like they are super mad tyte jdm drifters or just plain retards. If a rhd vehicle is driven properly they are safe. How many rhd 4x4's do you see in accidents, not many they are almost all sports cars.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever heard of looking around a vehicle from the right side, particularly useful on curvy roads so not all that applicable in Alberta I guess. Anyway I think they are fine, the problem is that most of them are owned by dumbass ricers sucking on mommy and daddy's teet. They drive them like they are super mad tyte jdm drifters or just plain retards. If a rhd vehicle is driven properly they are safe. How many rhd 4x4's do you see in accidents, not many they are almost all sports cars.

Hmmm while the dude is looking up the right hand side and sees that its clear pulls out just as a guy turns out off of a county road on the opposite side, sorry, still not sold. But I do agree, mostly rice rockets, I've seen a couple of Range Rovers though. When I come up behind them at lights or whatever I always think, " man the driver must be seriously short, can't even see their head above the seat" :) :beer:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My little brother used to import Japanese rhd cars. Skylines, MR2 and Soarer and some of them. Definitely different to drive and require some getting used to, but perfectly safe. I dont remember the MR2 engine size, but the turbo made it a rocket.

Hardest thing was shifting with your left hand

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm while the dude is looking up the right hand side and sees that its clear pulls out just as a guy turns out off of a county road on the opposite side, sorry, still not sold. But I do agree, mostly rice rockets, I've seen a couple of Range Rovers though. When I come up behind them at lights or whatever I always think, " man the driver must be seriously short, can't even see their head above the seat" :) :beer:
had to dig a bit for this thread, have somewhat of an update....lol. was talking to my buddy yesterday, he and his boy had a right hand drive nissan imported and while he was doing some research on them found a restriction for driving a RHD in north america...it is unlawful to pass without a spotter. interesting....

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lady around here bombs around in her land cruiser or land rover or whatever it is with her dog in the passenger seat. That'll puzzle people every time...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reason there is such a boom on them is, this is what i was told by a buddy that was importing them, that once a unit hits 90,000km it can no longer be registered in Japan. so they dump them super cheap guys import them and sell cheap and still make good coinage.

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have driven many a rhd around the city but not on the highway and I can see the point about passing on a 2 lane highway. On another note banning them may be tough as Canada post and the U.S. use a lot of them.

Top Bottom