What are your thoughts on vents kits for the new XM's ???

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. Hopefully I get the same belt life as you And fernie with my new ride this year.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I run screens on the front to keep the snow out. Fibreglass pet screen held in place with Marine Goop. Takes a little time but you dudes say I have lots of time!

IMG_3363.jpg IMG_3367.jpg IMG_3368.jpg

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the pet screen stuff last time too worked well this time I just bought the kit I know it doesn't breath as well but guys are still talking about long belt life with those kits so I will try it. If not back to the pet screen. Nice sled Doug!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had the pet screen stuff last time too worked well this time I just bought the kit I know it doesn't breath as well but guys are still talking about long belt life with those kits so I will try it. If not back to the pet screen. Nice sled Doug!!!

Thanks. Wrap should be finished today. It will look different once again. Pictures later :snow:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When it is ready to ride, I'll go back to the scale. That won't be until after the weekend of the 15th. Picking up the new Thing in Revy as I go to Kamloops for meetings. The HD bumper may not be installed as they are back ordered.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the front grill its better to have the screen on the outside of the grill,the snow slides of then..when its on the inside the snow will collect on the grid pattern and build up a wall of ice

Clay911

Reaction score
I agree. I put my screen mesh on the outside. Putting mesh on the inside just hold the snow and now you are neither letting hot air our or getting cold air in. Might as well duct tape them shut.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
We are selling Doo Pre-Filter Kits to prevent snow from entering the engine compartment and also adding the Extreme Vent's 3 piece kit on the Clutch side only. This combo proved to work great last year.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So cover up the big hole in the front, the two smaller holes in the hood and what else?
It looks like the BRP kit has a few more bits to it??
I'm with Doug. If I can save enough to fill a jerry can a few times, I'm all in!!

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the blowhole works very good,always pulling air out.no problems at all last season with one

Top Bottom