What are your thoughts on vents kits for the new XM's ???

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which brands and where to find ? online or local shops that carry them ?
I didn't run any on the 14 last year but thinking more about them this year for the T3.
Did you run the little BRP ones or go with aftermarket kits ?

Cheers,

RN (BANANA-DOO) :cool:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the stock BRP accessory prefilter kit and the SLP kit. Very little snow ever stuck to the SLP kit which tells me it's pouring out a pretty good amount of heat

Attachments

• 20140114_210453.jpg
    20140114_210453.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the brp kit then put the frog skinz hood and foot well kit on. They look nice and have a nice low profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My thoughts... Well I had a belly pan full of snow and ice all year, which added a ton of weight. Needless to say I bought just the front grill from brp.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the BRP prefilter kit, no snow or ice under the hood. As far as venting to let heat out I haven't done any and had no issues with belt wear, clutches do run pretty warm though. I think venting is a good idea but until I see an issue created by lack of it I am staying as is for now.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the stock BRP accessory prefilter kit and the SLP kit. Very little snow ever stuck to the SLP kit which tells me it's pouring out a pretty good amount of heat

Where did you get the SLP side vents? Looked on their website and couldn't find them. Those are the only decent looking vents I've seen yet.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mod rods 8 piece. They look awesome and worked great. Tough too. No trees ever poked through and I brushed a ton of big branches.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked them up from rec supply in saskatoon. there is one more vent for the back side of the panel and one for the front. I have the rear installed but not the fronts.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to use JC's vent kits. Had his vent kits on a number of REV & XP Chassis sleds. Great fit and never had a reason to try anything else.

JC's Custom Vents

Didn't bother with a vent kit on my '13 and haven't had any heat issues.

looks like some decent vents and options for them, good prices to boot !

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had the menztoys vents on my XP
i looked on the site but i dont see anything for the XM
anyone have any pics of them on the xm

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another very happy customer of Jon at JC Vents. I used his vents for years ('08, '10. & '12) and they are top quality. I haven't needed venting (IMHO) since the new CVT came out with the '13's. A selection of mesh (fine and medium were his best sellers) with up to date color selection. the aluminum backing is water cut and very precise. He will even doo custom work for you.

I also agree with deaner and dealing with Wayne at Menz Toys is another great choice. As for belt life, the '14 has 2600 km and the stock belt is in fine shape. I'll see how long it lasts this season. The CVT appears to be working well.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another very happy customer of Jon at JC Vents. I used his vents for years ('08, '10. & '12) and they are top quality. I haven't needed venting (IMHO) since the new CVT came out with the '13's. A selection of mesh (fine and medium were his best sellers) with up to date color selection. the aluminum backing is water cut and very precise. He will even doo custom work for you.

I also agree with deaner and dealing with Wayne at Menz Toys is another great choice. As for belt life, the '14 has 2600 km and the stock belt is in fine shape. I'll see how long it lasts this season. The CVT appears to be working well.
I beat the rock star on km road last year

Woop woop

Top Bottom