What are your thoughts on the Poo belt drive good or bad?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notice difference between the 11/12 pro and the 13 pro with power getting to the snow

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does zero issues mean its running as efficient as Polaris claims?

I can tell you that it feels like it has a lot more jam than my 11 Pro did and I don't think it has any more HP so I assume it is because of the belt drive. And my 11 ran good.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love it... works great.... maybe you should get off the street LHF... you obviously need a hobby... although I would avoid the race track if I were you:)... maybe knitting would be more your forte???? lol

Just sh!ttin ya LHF.... welcome back... how long do you think before you get band again???

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CMX, C3 Powersports, and now Polaris. Yep it needs some fine tuning and some do- over, but good for them for diving in and putting it on stock mountain sleds. You guys can keep bashing it, but won't be long till the other decals are gonna go the same way, it's coming soon. Pisses a guy off to be worried about it when riding so hopefully they get the kinks out quick.
And, as always when the brand you favor announces the change, I'm confident most of you will be ranting about the advantages and better performance characteristics........... Once it comes on YOUR sled of choice.
Good for Polaris, to bad it couldn't have been a little less painful for the first group, we have about 10 of them in our regular riding group and the only one to lose a Q- drive belt was running 10 lbs, the rest haven't had grief....yet. most have between 300 and 800 miles on them. But in talking, it's always on everyone's mind, and as usual on the net, there are hundreds peeling off like banana skins. Haven't seen that yet.
Definetly a performance difference between the 11 & 12's and the 13's, and I believe the q-drive is a big part of that.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The beauty of the internet is if one guy blows one and 10 guys see it happen, they all post about it along with 10 each of their friends and before you know it they are all failing lol. If you don't ratchet your track and you don't land a big jump with the throttle WO I just don't see this thing giving it up. Check the torque on your top bolt though because mine was not at 30 ft/lbs it was closer to 10.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The beauty of the internet is if one guy blows one and 10 guys see it happen, they all post about it along with 10 each of their friends and before you know it they are all failing lol.....

LOL !! Back in the late 80's, I attended a seminar for work that was called "The Customer Comes First". They told us that if someone has an exceptionally good experience with a business, on average, they will tell one person. On the other hand, if the experience is negative, on average, they will tell ten people. It seems things really haven't changed. Other than the internet speeding up the whole process of bashing something and increasing the numbers ten thousand times.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Reactions: cs5

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't fully understand the nature of this thread...... Word on the street is that I have been asked to give you a LOT longer of a holiday, so can you please (LHF) tell me what the point of this is :confused:

The point of this thread is to get people views on the new belt drive from Polaris. Is there something wrong with that or am I missing something here?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The point of this thread is to get people views on the new belt drive from Polaris. Is there something wrong with that or am I missing something here?

I think he is doing research because he wants to buy a NEW sled haha, what's the matter you see the light or something? Is the wedge cheating on you with some other guy?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't fully understand the nature of this thread...... Word on the street is that I have been asked to give you a LOT longer of a holiday, so can you please (LHF) tell me what the point of this is :confused:
i think he doesnt believe you have it in you to ban him. its almost like a dare. lol

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first ride out in nov, i had just put skid back in after coating rails, forgot to fully tightn track and i drove it ratcheting for 15 miles till we got to buddys house(first beer stop). Didnt hurt a thing. Got lucky i guess

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with mine. No problems. Rode mine and my friends 2011 Pro for comparison. My 13 felt more lively. The 2011 just felt like it took slightly longer to get up to speed. Was that because of the belt, any engine refinements, or other factors? Don't know for sure, but I have no complaints.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris's belt drive needs some refinement forsure. It would be cool to see a sled dynoed at the track, to see for sure if it does any thing for hp to the ground or not...

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could you imagine..........pulling a monster hill....having to worry about a driveshaft letting go, a drivebelt letting go, a quickdrive belt letting go, and a motor letting go. I think id find a new sport!

:popcorn:

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could you imagine..........pulling a monster hill....having to worry about a driveshaft letting go, a drivebelt letting go, a quickdrive belt letting go, and a motor letting go. I think id find a new sport!

Why do these threads always go this way? Ride whatever you want, if you don't like Polaris, fine, go to Doo Talk and stroke each other! Or I can give you the numbers of the three, yup three Doo's I towed out in the last week! BUT stop hijacking threads. Really Maxwell, kind of respected what you said, most of the time, you looking up to OEW now?

sledhead77

Reaction score
In love with my belt drive. I think it could use some improvments but polaris is a head of the game compared to doo and cat.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is this thread not in the Poo section?
Oh I know, so LHF can stir the pot a little more by posting it in general!:rolleyes:

My opinion from what I have seen is the belt drive is an awesome idea and is going to be the wave of the future. The downside of the Polaris design is gear changing challenges and no belt tensioner. Address these and I think alot of their problems will go away. Guys with C3 setups are getting over 1500 miles out of belts.

Top Bottom