What are your guesses for the season?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy help I'm going out with u.... Costs me about 400 for a 3 day ( 2.5 day ride) weekend. That's with only 2 guys in a room and truck fuel. The more the cheaper

i heard ya where real cheap, only got one bed . you on top eh?

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not know the cost as so many have stated.

But my 78 year old father in-law likes to count his money for fun and when that gets bored he likes to count others money also. without me telling him any of my bills he sat down one day and figured out that my sledding costs roughly around $5.00 a mile (Sledding mile). It makes me depressed because the more I calculate it, the more I think he is right.....:(

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten out as much as I'd like the past couple of seasons (school) so my expenses have been pretty minimal. Thats gonna change this year though. Its worth every penny to me though, screw it. You only live once! :D

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a little bit of fuel and some oil for my sled (wife's is a four stroke). Tumbler Ridge or Mackenzie are only about an hour from my house so travel is cheap and accommodation is free. Plus if I don't feel like driving anywhere I can just sled down the driveway and onto an unending maze of pipelines and powerlines...one of the benefits of living in the Peace region ;)

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Two years ago I did that and after adding it all up it came to $25500. That was starting nov 11 and sledding till may 31. Driving from Edmonton and sledding 3 out of 4 weekends. Valemount was the major recipient of most of the cash. But I will do it every year till I am to old to ride. You just can't put a price on something like that. Fatguy

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow good Idea but scary as he!l to think the wife might get her hands on my little folder, and see what I actually spend sledding!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I just can't help myself and want to see. I think I guesstimated (very roughly) $10,000 or so last year. I'm going to try to pack a lot of my own lunches instead of the Timmy ho's sandwiches or last min stops at the gas station (be healthier too) and wouldn't mind accom's with a kitchen so I can eat in the odd time. Eating out is great after a day sledding, but I gotta watch my girlish figure, :p

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or you can eliminate travel / lodging costs by moving where you wanna ride and just take day trips ;)

i lived in the kootenays last winter, and going to live in squamish this winter.. should be a gooder !!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or you can eliminate travel / lodging costs by moving where you wanna ride and just take day trips ;)

i lived in the kootenays last winter, and going to live in squamish this winter.. should be a gooder !!!

haha yeah I lived in Squamish and Whistler for a while. Miss it there. I'll actually be out in Pemby visiting some friends and riding!

Top Bottom