What are you paying for insurance?

Twacked

Reaction score
What are people paying for insurance for new sleds on B.C and Alberta? I was quoted 900.00 a year in B.C sounds a little high, is it.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
$310.71 for the year. Full coverage, and full Replacement on a 2010 Iguana

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pay $70 for liability.......if that helps!
358 for full coverage on my 12. I can't wait to have a flawless driving record for 60 years and get low insurance rates. Lol. Sorry Doug #2. Couldn't resist.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
358 for full coverage on my 12. I can't wait to have a flawless driving record for 60 years and get low insurance rates. Lol. Sorry Doug #2. Couldn't resist.

I'm sure if I wanted full coverage it would be expensive! It is cheaper for me to fix it than paying the high premiums for insurance.

One of our XM's had a little cosmetic tree damage. Parts were $600 (discounted price) and it was a 3 beer job. The hardest part was waiting for the parts and it is a good thing for zip-ties. Dealer price to fix it would have been ridiculous.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$1004 / year, full coverage,full replacement, $500 deductible for all three: 2013 M1100T S/P Ltd, 2013 M800 S/P Ltd, and 2013 ProRMK 600. This is through Cooperators.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but many on here need full coverage, because they finance their sled.
I myself am going with TD, and don't need full coverage. It's way easier to just fix your sled yourself, than pay higher premiums for someone else to.

I'm sure if I wanted full coverage it would be expensive! It is cheaper for me to fix it than paying the high premiums for insurance.

One of our XM's had a little cosmetic tree damage. Parts were $600 (discounted price) and it was a 3 beer job. The hardest part was waiting for the parts and it is a good thing for zip-ties. Dealer price to fix it would have been ridiculous.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I am around 600 for full coverage and 2,000,000 liability for the POO and 180 for 2,000,000 on the REV but that is because the sleds are on the same policy as everything else. I am not sure if I need the full coverage, toys are always bought cash but there is always the off chance I lose it down a side hill and it hits weird and bends the tunnel ore something stupid.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as quadtrash. Just over $300 for my 10 dragon with full coverage in Alberta. It's primarily for theft or if I wreck it really bad. Then only a small part is coming out of my pocket.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but many on here need full coverage, because they finance their sled.
I myself am going with TD, and don't need full coverage. It's way easier to just fix your sled yourself, than pay higher premiums for someone else to.

My sled is financed, and no form of insurance is required. Through TD. Would be good to have piece of mind though, in case the sled sails off a cliff or something.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope you are kidding Fernie!!!
Liability insurance is the main one! I carry $2 million liability. If me or one of my kids looses it on a hill and the sled comes down and kills someone or severely injures them I want to know Im covered.Or on the trail for that matter.
I don't know why I carry replacement insurance as I have never used it even for major crashes. But it boils down to $711/year for all five sleds.Full coverage and replacement value. It would be slightly less if my Nytro wasn't insured for $25g replacement. So works out to $112 per sled except Nytro which is $263. That being said thats with never a single claim in 30 years of driving vehicles and 25 years of insuring toys.And also never having a home claim either. And using same insurer the whole time.Pays to not use your insurance.
insurance?????

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
650 a year for me on my xm. And I did a lot of searching that was the best price with td so I'm 1200$ a year for both my sleds :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^ well put viper"!!!! For my 09 dragon full coverage plus 2 mill liability I'm at $563/ yr with same insurer for the past 10 yrs for everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$2000 for an 09 Assault and 02 Tundra full coverage on both, i believe the sled is about 500 of that

Top Bottom