What are the the sheave angles on the 850 clutches?

Ray509

Reaction score
What are the sheave angles of the primary and secondary?

dunno but they look steeper then the angle on xm, yet the belt has the same cut , which is why the belt doesn't contact the sheaves as much and delaminates the belt.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a straight endge on them and you find there is no fixed angle. But it averages out to 24 degrees if I remember correctly

Vidgren

Reaction score
Yeah i noticed that also when breaking in my belt. On my xm it got worn evenly across the side of the belt. On my g4 it doesnt serm to touch the bottom 5mm of the belt. Whats up with that?

Ray509

Reaction score
well the weirdest thing I saw was in the shop the other day there was 13-14 gen 4 summits and the clicker adjustments were not the same, the production numbers didn't vary greatly either, some of the numbers on the clicker adjusts had 1-2-3-4 closely placed and you could hardly make out the numbers (12 out of 14) yet 2 of them had larger easy to read numbers but went 1-3-5 , very strange we then started looking over every detail of those 2 sleds to find nothing else different. the production numbers were staggered as well they were mixed within the other machines . possibly there was a batch made in one plant and another built in a different plant.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is why some are eating belts and some aren't. Production differences.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the weirdest thing I saw was in the shop the other day there was 13-14 gen 4 summits and the clicker adjustments were not the same, the production numbers didn't vary greatly either, some of the numbers on the clicker adjusts had 1-2-3-4 closely placed and you could hardly make out the numbers (12 out of 14) yet 2 of them had larger easy to read numbers but went 1-3-5 , very strange we then started looking over every detail of those 2 sleds to find nothing else different. the production numbers were staggered as well they were mixed within the other machines . possibly there was a batch made in one plant and another built in a different plant.

Would be interesting to see what everyone has for clicker numbers and which ones are having belt issues. Mine are numbered 1-2-(notch for 3)-4-5. 200 miles on mine and on original belt.

Top Bottom