What are people doing to bring there faded black sled decks back to life??

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm thinking about getting a new to me deck, What are people doing to get there faded black sled decks back to life? I've seen faded black Denali, X decks, a couple Marlon's. Just wonder if a little wax will bring the shine back?, recoat?, Or what?

skidoo6100

Reaction score
I don't know about the other brands, but the powder coat on my older full lotus is terrible. Its flaking and pealing off... full lotus didn't seem to care. I assume the proper prep work wasn't done when it was coated. This summer i might dis-assemble and re-coat.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people seem to neglect their powdercoating and think its super durable and will never fade and last forever . its just not true

I regularly wax mine and it still looks new .

Denali decks and Marlon use some suspect powdercoating . its for sure the furniture style non outdoor powdercoating (non polyester) and Denali may actually be just a thick paint

My x deck powdercoating has held up quite well so far ( 2 years and always outside )

I had good results with regular auto paint polish on some powdercoated bike frames , migh be worth a try ?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Try a small patch with armorall or wd40 and see if the shine comes back. Also tire cleaner works wonders on the black....

I'll second the tire cleaner and the tire shine. On my LineX, I use the Kal Tire stuff that they put on your new tires or seasonal changes. Dilute it 1:1 and it works wonders

Top Bottom