What are apex turbos like to ride

Sleds

Reaction score
Looking at a turbo 4 stroke and a apex is in mind what are they like to through around ? And what is the easiest 4 stroke to through around

Reactions: DRD

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I liked the Apex, when it was moving. Not so much going slow or when they were stuck.
I'd hold out or spend a little more for a Nytro.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends on the kind of power you are looking for. The Phazer is by far the easiest to handle, and as light as a new two stroke (I have weighed them), but the power is what it is. The Nytro has awesome power but is harder to handle, but still good. The Apex takes both a bit further, great power and harder to throw around. That said, my riding pal and his 13 year old son both ride TApexes and look good doing it (actually they look like crap but their riding looks good). The two larger Yamahas are both extremely responsive to set up. The type of riding you are looking to do should factor in as well.

Everyone makes a good sled right now, they only suck when stuck in the garage.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy the turbo vector. way nicer sled to ride. same chassis, but with 3 cylinders. way easier to ride

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I miss my Turbo Apex. If there was just a bit of snow (5" to 10") I found it was a bit hard to ride, but anything over 10" was the most fun you could have with your pants on.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a '08 Turbo Apex with the MCX and loved it! The sound alone is the horniest thing going! The seat sucks so be prepared to put a Mountain Mod seat on it so it doesn't feel like you're sitting on a giant marshmellow. I found with the smoothe tourquey power I was able to ride trees a lot and not get stuck very much... when you do, though you will find out real quick who your true friends are! Enjoy!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are kind of like a fat chick....all kinds of fun until your friends catch you :eek:

CatAttack900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at a turbo 4 stroke and a apex is in mind what are they like to through around ? And what is the easiest 4 stroke to through around

I found the apex easier to ride than the nytro, but that is my riding style. when I rode the turbo nytro it felt more nose heavy than the apex, and harder to side hill. But that is my opinion and not necessarily what you would think.
I am thinking of selling my turbo apex, MCXpress 270 kit with new motor (only two rides on new motor), with custom tunnel, mountain mod seat, gen 3 skis, basically the whole works. I just serviced sled and ready to ride.

Sleds

Reaction score
For boondocking and sidehilling and climbing is the apex my best bet or is the Arctic Cat M1100 turbo a better choice

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. Hold the fawk on!
2. YOU have to lead the dance, don't let that big girl step on your toes!

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a tapex rode it in renshaw last week 3-4 feet of fresh was a blast in deep.. Alot more stable then my t-nytro, but my nytro was alot easier to get it to do what i wanted in tight areas in trees etc . The apex is way better on trail with the lower weight, better mid range power.. I sold my t-nytro after 5 seasons been riding snow bike and pro thought i could wait for viper and ride without boost this season but couldnt do it lol.. Apex is fun if snow is deep.. Lots of good deals on them now

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a pretty sweet one for sale. One of the best running and fastest ever built. Taking some time off riding so gonna let them go.. Racers Edge Chassis, Skid, front end, etc. has Lakeside built engine, Boost-It, 2871 Alpine front mount with 4" machined intake and side pipe. No expense spared! $15K firm

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a pretty sweet one for sale. One of the best running and fastest ever built. Taking some time off riding so gonna let them go.. Racers Edge Chassis, Skid, front end, etc. has Lakeside built engine, Boost-It, 2871 Alpine front mount with 4" machined intake and side pipe. No expense spared! $15K firm

wow whats up duke?this is one of the fastest apexs out there crazy awsum sled.

Top Bottom