What are 2011 M8 Sno Pro 153" with Boondocker Race Gas turbos selling for?

Colorado

Reaction score
Just curious what is a good/great/normal price right now this late in the season for a 2011 M8 153 sno pro with race gas boon docker turbo. Low miles 500 and intercooler?

I have a 2011 Pro RMK, it is amazing but definitely underpowered and as much as I'd like to install a turbo they aren't quite there yet, or at least I'm not ready to drop the loot with all the uncertainties.

So, I've been thinking about buying the next best closest sled to a pro rmk, the M8 is it. But, a turbo M8 has got to be a completely different animal compared to my stock 2011 pro rmk 155.

What I am wondering is what is a AWESOME price to pay this late in the season? If I didn't like it, what do you think it would be worth early next season November/December?

TIA

Carl

Colorado

Reaction score
Not sure who has owned or ridden a Pro RMk, but stock Pro RMK vs Turbo 2011 M8, which would you rather have?

Colorado

Reaction score
Turboing the pro is out of the question for $2000 more I already have a built 2011 M8 with similar handling characteristics and a 2nd sled. To have volk build my 2012 pro it will cost $7500 for the same set up.

I honestly don't think any stock sled can compare to a new Cat turbo. I mean the thing I love about Cats are their similar handling ability to the Pros. Sure the pros are 30lbs lights but this particular cat is approaching 150hp more, i can tone it down to 200hp (6-7psi) but also bump it up to 10-13 if desired.

What it all comes down to at this point, is it worth $10k? It is a well built sled by VOLK, cost $20k to build and my buddy paid cash for it. I will keep both sleds if I buy, the pro to continue to practice on and the turbo to blaze the deepest powder and side hill the biggest mountain (my favorite types of riding are sidhilling and the powder in the meadows).

oly

Reaction score
I have been with the 2012 e-tec turbo 9lb, 2012 rmk 8 lb, m8 2010 8lb, 2010 xp 880 and my 2008 M1000 10lb. The e-tec is amazing fast, the pro was by far the easiest to handle and super fun! The m8 was good and mine is a tank. The 880 actually with th 3" 174" was a tractor.. slow and steady but just tractored up the hill. All sleds were pretty equal in getting to the top, 880 just a little slower. I had more track spped but the lighter 800's would be right with me for the most part. So I would honestly get what ever you can get the best deal on! But If I had some more money to burn I would turbo a new RMK! I think the e-tecs will be tough to beat but I have trouble handling them.
Back on topic..lol.. yes that is a great buy for a m8T and you should pull the trigger and buy! Then put video's & pic's up here to show us the fun you will be having:beer:

1badhusky

Reaction score
a 2011 m8 w/ a turbo has similar handling characteristics to a 12 pro? I'm not sure I buy that. The m8 will be at least 100lbs heavier w/ it's existing extra weight plus the turbo, and the m chasis doesn't handle nearly as well as a pro rmk to start with. But, that said, is the difference worth an extra $7500? Not to me it wouldn't be. But I'd wait to get a used 2012 pro..in fact, now I'm going to wait til end of next season to get a used 2013 turbo pro or turbo XM - we'll see how they perform next year.

Colorado

Reaction score
Similar handling characteristics, didn't say exactly the same. I rode a 2011 M8 Limited last March/April (350 mi) it was awesome. Before I had a ski doo 07 Rev then XP 08 - THOSE SUCK... Then I sold the M8 in December and picked up a new Pro rmk. It is an amazing sled, no doubt. My big thing is, I've never ridden a turbo so instead of dishing out 7k for a turbo, I could pick up a 2011 (only 500 miles) for $9700 and learn to ride on a similar style ride. Once I perfect that, take up a turbo on my pro rmk in maybe in 2 years. I don't know these are all ideas I've thought about.

The price on the Tm8 for its low miles, prof build, tested and year its a steal. I talked to a dealer today on trade he would give me 9k next November. thats ridiculous

Top Bottom