What 250 dirt bike is the best on oil and gas?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need a straight answer because i want a fast low maintenance bike, that is powerful. Also how often do you change the oil?
sorry to tell you, there is no such thing. you either get sluggish and bulletproof, or powerful and high maintenance. nature of the beast....

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 if you want low maintence then the 230 is the way you should go, but if you want power go for a 250 but then there is more maintence.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just echoing the rest. really isnt no in between. Its the differecne between a motocross bike and a trail bike. get what is suited to your riding. A high strung two stroke with no kick stand, light isnt the best suited for rail riding. A lower performance 230, maybe with electric start would be more reliable IMO.

Waxy

Reaction score
I really don't think you need to worry about gas mileage on a dirt bike. We're talking about 10L or so for a full tank that'll likely last as long as you'll ride ($15-16 with oil?), and even if you rode pretty much non-stop all day, you might burn two tanks. If you can't afford that, then buying a dirtbike might not be for you.

As for performance, same as others have said. It's a catch 22. The MX style 250 4 strokes are probably the most expensive to maintain and maintenance intensive bikes made though, so I'd avoid them if I were you.

Waxy

Sportsman500Rider

Reaction score
ok thx what kind of maintenance is involved with a ttr 230? do you have to change oil every 10 hrs? A guy said every 4 months but he knows guys who change it once a year for a ttr 230. What other maintenance is involved with the 230?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends how much you'll be riding it.read the owners manual and see. Not every 10 hours though I don't think. A couple times a summer would be enough. Other than that I'm not sure of any other maintanence things. Just regular chain lube an air filter cleaning. That would be good to do every couple ride.

Top Bottom