Wetaskwin Snow Drags - March 7 - 8,2009

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember the drags are in wetaskiwin at the museum this weekend march 7 & 8 reg starts at 8:00 go to web site for more info see you at the starting line

Last edited by a moderator:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
re: Wet. Snow Drags - March 7 - 8,2009

remember the drags are in wetaskiwin at the museum this weekend march 7 & 8 reg starts at 8:00 go to web site for more info see you at the starting line

I plan on racing. Never sure why they set it up for 2 days as it usually finishes in one.

Apex162

Reaction score

Are all the high hp and turbo sleds going to show up to this event or not?

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this year there should be enough snow so its not a mud track! Good luck this weekend ZRrrr:cool:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Checked out the web site Wetaskiwin Snow Drags and it looks like the 600 classes have been blended in with the 700 class? Why would they do that? I thought the 600 class was usually quite popular? I was considering entering in the 600 stock. Any input would be nice.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Re: Wet. Snow Drags - March 7 - 8,2009

My sled is still in boxes and need to be put back together...don't think I want to break it in on the track.
I plan to go for a day to watch our racing partner "ZRrrr" and see that he behaves himself.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My sled is still in boxes and need to be put back together...don't think I want to break it in on the track.
I plan to go for a day to watch our racing partner "ZRrrr" and see that he behaves himself.

What do you have in the boxes? New stuff? Custom? or broken pieces sent back to you from the hill? :rolleyes: lol

I think ZRrrr will do well, I have ridden with him once and he knows his stuff. Hope he does well. I would love to race against him however. The old F6 still rips :)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Cooked my motor in McBride. Had the heads redone and have new pistons. Waiting for my buddy to find me the "head" so I can put it together.

Zrrrr does fine, raced with him in Eckville...had a blast.
What do you have in the boxes? New stuff? Custom? or broken pieces sent back to you from the hill? :rolleyes: lol

I think ZRrrr will do well, I have ridden with him once and he knows his stuff. Hope he does well. I would love to race against him however. The old F6 still rips :)

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Checked out the web site Wetaskiwin Snow Drags and it looks like the 600 classes have been blended in with the 700 class? Why would they do that? I thought the 600 class was usually quite popular? I was considering entering in the 600 stock. Any input would be nice.

Thanks for all the support guys. Wetaskiwin can be alittle more "hardcore" than say AB Beach so it's always interesting.

Scott, I am not sure how the bridgeing should be interepreted. I think it just means no more seperation of multi pipe stock sleds and single pipe stock sleds. Should still be a 600 classes. I will see if I can find out.

I'm also curious what 600 or 700 sled runs multi pipes stock??

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fresh of the phone with Collin. 2 day race, 5 boards, so everyone gets at least 2 runs per class.

Multi and single bridgeing is for 700 and 800 only. ZRT's, Mach's etc.. 600 is as it has always been.

Scott, bring your iron and lets have some fun.
I remember your 600 being pretty quick!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Fresh of the phone with Collin. 2 day race, 5 boards, so everyone gets at least 2 runs per class.

Multi and single bridgeing is for 700 and 800 only. ZRT's, Mach's etc.. 600 is as it has always been.

Yur saying that there is still a 600 class? I might be tempted? :rolleyes: The old Firechicken might be up to the task?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OK... I'm really tempted. I just need to know what all is involved? Teather cords? Flak jackets? Web site says these are not manditory. Going to the Eagles concert on Saturday evening. Hope I can make it all work out.

ZRrrr (Duane)... if you can babysit me I'm good to go!!?? :d:d Never experienced the racing riff raff before :rolleyes:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ZRrrr ... As far as set up goes what is the best? For Stock Class. I'm guessing limiter straps loose and ski shock springs as soft as possible? :rolleyes: Am I on the right track?

I am planning on running stock 600 if there is still such a class?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Tighten your limiter strap, you wanna keep the skis close to the ground . You will get a chance to do a few test and tune runs before the event (if you arrive early).
It's all about catching the light.
ZRrrr ... As far as set up goes what is the best? I'm guessing limiter straps loose and ski shock springs as soft as possible? :rolleyes: Am I on the right track?

I am planning on running stock 600 if there is still such a class?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Oh yea...play hard and get lucky and you get a few trophys...My first ever race and 1st place was at Wetaskwin.

Attachments

• Summer08132.jpg
    Summer08132.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0094_2.jpg
    IMG_0094_2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 142

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

OK... I'm really tempted. I just need to know what all is involved? Teather cords? Flak jackets? Web site says these are not manditory. Going to the Eagles concert on Saturday evening. Hope I can make it all work out.

ZRrrr (Duane)... if you can babysit me I'm good to go!!?? :d:d Never experienced the racing riff raff before :rolleyes:

Scott,

Tether cords are mandatory in all races. I have personally witnessed why at Eckville this year when a guy "thought" he had purged his nitrous line before starting it. All I saw was this sled hurtling towards me. Good thing he hung on and was able to shut it off. Tether is a 15 minut job n your sled if you don't have one.

Flak jacket not mandatory for stock or improved at this race.

As for setup, I run pretty much as I ride trail, except for clutching of course. I do sometimes turn up the front skid shock to take weight off the skis a little. Some people think that upward motion is lost forward momentum. Others think get the skis off the ground for less resistance. Always in interesting topic when I pick the brains of seasoned racers. Choice is yours. I definitely keep the rear skid soft for weight transfer. Track should be good this year with the recent snow and temps.

Biggest thing for a newbie is learning the lights. Lots of races won and lost at the lights. I made big mistakes my first race by not watching the lights and how guys worked them. No one was coaching me so sucked bad at my first light. Getting much better now that I know what to watch for. That and watching for what areas of each lane are showing the best traction.

Maybe I'm telling you too much if your going to run in 600 stock with me!:d

Come and have fun. Get your sons interested too.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks for all the advice! Would like to hear about the Eckville inncodent some day. As far as lane choice goes... how is that decided? I have seen guys back up a sled length or two from the starting line just to get traction.

By the way, if you are telling me too much, That just prooves that you are a real good dude!! :)

Top Bottom