Went and pulled the pin

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pick up my 2015 Summit sp 154 this Saturday, pretty stoked. Wondering if adding pull start is necessary and if I should install an mbrp trail can. Going to get a can regardless cause that stock suitcase is friggen HUGE.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull start is a nice back up. Look at the GGB cans very nice product and sound nicer then the mbrp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you can't go wrong with either of the 3 cans. Pull start is a nice backup but I honestly feel that the e start is actually more reliable than the rewind in the long run. Have fun on your new ride!

bailer

Reaction score
Pick up my 2015 Summit sp 154 this Saturday, pretty stoked. Wondering if adding pull start is necessary and if I should install an mbrp trail can. Going to get a can regardless cause that stock suitcase is friggen HUGE.

I always use my electric start but the pull start has saved me when the starter switch went out at the beginning of a trip. It is easy to install yourself. It fits behind the stock side panel, no need to trim and so is just waiting as a backup.

I also have the mbrp trail can and it is nice, pretty quiet unless you are nose up.

Long_Track

Reaction score
Electric starters are pretty reliable it seems, and you always have the emergency rope that goes on the flywheel option if you do have any electric starter issues. Personally I would skip putting the recoil option on, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Electric starters are pretty reliable it seems, and you always have the emergency rope that goes on the flywheel option it you do have any electric starter issues. Personally I would skip putting the recoil option on, but that's just my opinion.

I agree. I don't remember anyone installing electric start as a backup in case the rope breaks on the pull start. Why would you need a pull start backup for the electric start? In either case wrap the strap around the clutch and pull once. It's running.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best can is from sledshed. has the muffpot set into it. best aftermarket product in history of sledding!
Lots of nay Sayer's on here about the thing can

Love mine, no codes, not too loud, don't care what it looks like, it cooks and the panel is closed 99% of the time

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies folks, didn't want anything overly intrusive so opting for the MBRP trail, and the dealer used the old marketing ploy of we will warranty if you use "this" or "that" can. I was thinking of forging the PS for now and installing it this fall, get a BRP cover instead in case I haul on an open trailer.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of nay Sayer's on here about the thing can

Love mine, no codes, not too loud, don't care what it looks like, it cooks and the panel is closed 99% of the time

Agreed here...I'm the only one in my group without one but will have one next year for sure.
Haven't seen one throw a code yet either.

Top Bottom