Wells/Barkeville conditions

pollard

Reaction score
Looks like I'm heading to the wells/barkeville area this week. Anybody have an update on what the conditins are like? Any information you have would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there two weeks ago. Trails excellent as usual. Has been hardly any fresh. Riding areas pounded!

Check these guys out. Not very up to date info but maybe shoot them an email for updates.

mxracer328

Reaction score
well lets try to revive this. anyone been out there lately, i heard that there was 14" in wells townsite. is this true? want to ride there tomorrow

vtlbill

Reaction score
Went up to Yanks yesterday. Not bad, maybe 4 feet up top. Still some rocks and stumps hiding just under the surface. Bad day on the hill is still better than a good day at work.

Chrispy76

Reaction score
The trail was groomed on Friday last week on the Likely side by the WL Powderkings volunteer. This is the report by Kevin from another not so reputable site.

"The Powder Kings have plowed the parking lot and groomed the trail up to the chute. The road has been plowed and has a good few inches of snow so it didn't need to be groomed but the shortcut to the bottom of the chute was done and turned out great. As we get more snow it will improve a lot and get wider. The volunteers took the snowcat up to the cabin and did some work on the trail up that way too but we can't take the groomer up there yet.

Remember this is done by volunteers and paid for by the club. If you happen to see the groomers up there give them a thumbs up and please consider joining the Powder Kings."

mxracer328

Reaction score
went in from the barkerville side, drove as close to the X road as we could get (unloaded at the bridge) was decent in the meadows but the hills looked rockey still. probably around 4ft in the meadows

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to Ground Hog on sunday and it was a little sketchy. Not alot of snow and lots of tree tops and rocks. Still had fun though.

vtlbill

Reaction score
Some of the worst snow levels I'd ever seen up at Groundhog Lake
The first two shots are from the top of the old hillclimb hill.

Attachments

• Sledding 2010 030.jpg
    Sledding 2010 030.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 307
  • Sledding 2010 039.jpg
    Sledding 2010 039.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 313
  • Gooing to dropin here.jpg
    Gooing to dropin here.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 342

Chrispy76

Reaction score
There's gotta be new snow up there now. I have 15cm at my house near Williams Lake. I guess I'll find out on the weekend.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Ground Hog and there is so much fricken fresh POW it is sick. It was snowing when we left up top and snowed all day that we were there. Ya Snow, bring it on.

Chrispy76

Reaction score
There's a few of us heading up tomorrow on the Likely side. I can't wait, it's my first day of my season. Too much work lately makes Chrispy a grumpy boy. Tomorrow that will all change and get to try out my new narrowed control arms on my REV chassis.

woodym7

Reaction score
been there before when there was so much snow it was sick.......and there were land mines everywhere......we needs pics buddy

Chrispy76

Reaction score
It's pretty good up there for sure. The snow was not as deep as the reports from Friday, but atleast it wasn't raining or the wet heavy snow that was falling. For the most part it was sunny with a little cloud, but it was -21c when we left teh truck and by the time we got to the cabin it was -16c up there. There seems to be a good base, with about 30cm of new in the past 48hours. The trail in was in good shape still and the club was out collecting trail fees($12).
Chrispy

Attachments

• resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 329
  • resize2.jpg
    resize2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 327
  • resize3.jpg
    resize3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 334
Top Bottom