well did it AGAIN!!

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soo i started my bike today after sitting from the weekend and i heard a familiar noise that ive heard before, wich was a sheered time key:mad:so i have anouther one and think that the one that was made up for it last time just wasnt the right one soo my question is im thinking i may do it myself, should i? i dont wanna knock out the time cuz then im really screwed!and dont know how to fix it, also how many hours for sumone that know what they are doing? also finally anyone in the area of calgary wanna give me a hand i have no problem payen for beer time and parts:) anyone out ther elet me know, also i do have the manuel so i wouldnt be going in blind. thank you all for helping

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that was abit of a waste of time. Sry to bother anyone, maybe il find my answers over at MIMB. Thnx anyway:mad:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that was abit of a waste of time. Sry to bother anyone, maybe il find my answers over at MIMB. Thnx anyway:mad:

Some people that know how to fix your quad might not be on-line for weeks at a time, sometimes you got to give your thread more than a day to get a helpful reply. It's like growing a plant, it doesn't pop up over night.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
understandable, i figure with over 100 people having looked at it sumbody may have been able to answer at least 1 of my questions, that is all. im not crying about it i found my info elsewhere is all,not smashing SnM whatsoever, just figured someone would toss me there thoughts, basically all i was really looking for, as for sombody helping with this project it was just a snowball i wasnt expecting sumbody to say "ya come on over tonight" haha i respect totally where your coming from and not trying to hurt any feelings or come off as an ass. :beer::beer::beer:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
soo i started my bike today after sitting from the weekend and i heard a familiar noise that ive heard before, wich was a sheered time key:mad:so i have anouther one and think that the one that was made up for it last time just wasnt the right one soo my question is im thinking i may do it myself, should i? i dont wanna knock out the time cuz then im really screwed!and dont know how to fix it, also how many hours for sumone that know what they are doing? also finally anyone in the area of calgary wanna give me a hand i have no problem payen for beer time and parts:) anyone out ther elet me know, also i do have the manuel so i wouldnt be going in blind. thank you all for helping

I would try and help you but I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
understandable, i figure with over 100 people having looked at it sumbody may have been able to answer at least 1 of my questions, that is all. im not crying about it i found my info elsewhere is all,not smashing SnM whatsoever, just figured someone would toss me there thoughts, basically all i was really looking for, as for sombody helping with this project it was just a snowball i wasnt expecting sumbody to say "ya come on over tonight" haha i respect totally where your coming from and not trying to hurt any feelings or come off as an ass. :beer::beer::beer:

For starters you should maybe post a better description of the unit you are working on. Yr, make, model ect... I'm assuming it's a grizz 660 by your Username but that don't mean Squat... I bet you think I ride a Summit x 154".....Not... Post exactly where you live and put up some pictures for everyone to relate to. There is a method to this madness. Just make sure you don't come across like people Owe you this favor. Someone will pipe up with a solid answer for you I'm sure.:cool:

I personally wouldn't Jimmy Rig anything on the timing end of any machine. Use OEM parts. If you can't afford it than park it and pick bottles. How does that saying go?...you play you pay. Good luck Josh.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my bad i had a write up over at anouther site with all my info, also i most deffinetly know that this info isnt OWED to me in anyway and appreciate it huge whenever it is offered.here is what im up against
05 brute force 750
i live just outta calgary
i have to change out the woodruff key because it was a jimmy rig setup, well i heard it going so i stopped everything i was doing before it went out of time and started doing damage, all im asking is last time i took to a shop for the same thing i was charged 8 hours shop time, wanted to hear what the reall time to change it was but found its about 2 to 3 hours to replace. lastly just want to know if i could prolly tackel it myself? i am capable with tools soo again any info or input is always greatly appreciated

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just read the post by sumx154, thats some good info, I thought you where talking about a Grizz 660, and not a BF750, helpful, lol.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it has does this before I suspect there is something wrong with your flywheel and maybe the end of the crank , you need a puller to remove the flywheel if its on properly , call a few different dealers and ask what the book time is to change the key my quess is 4hrs or less

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it has does this before I suspect there is something wrong with your flywheel and maybe the end of the crank , you need a puller to remove the flywheel if its on properly , call a few different dealers and ask what the book time is to change the key my quess is 4hrs or less

thank you for that:beer: im getting it changed tommorow for 100$ i hvae all the right stuff now will throw up an update tommorow when i get it done, thnx again for the help :)

Top Bottom