Welfare fixes from a 21 year olds perspective

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the 'chain' letters I received left me with some I retesting thoughts. Too extreme?? What do you think?
--------------------

This was written by a 21 yr. old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare system that she's being forced to live in!

These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

The problems we face today, are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living. Saskatchewan's Population is 48% native..

Put me in charge of WINZ food grants. I'd get rid of cash for potato chips or chocolate, just money for 50kg bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Healthcare. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligation. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

Put me in charge of compulsory job search. In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good".

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.

Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Govt subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest.....You will vote for a 'welfare' Govt. only. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Govt welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Now, if you have the guts - PASS IT ON...
--------------------

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
first post I have ever loved.....

One of the 'chain' letters I received left me with some I retesting thoughts. Too extreme?? What do you think?
--------------------

This was written by a 21 yr. old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare system that she's being forced to live in!

These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

The problems we face today, are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living. Saskatchewan's Population is 48% native..

Put me in charge of WINZ food grants. I'd get rid of cash for potato chips or chocolate, just money for 50kg bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Healthcare. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligation. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

Put me in charge of compulsory job search. In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good".

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.

Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Govt subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest.....You will vote for a 'welfare' Govt. only. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Govt welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Now, if you have the guts - PASS IT ON...
--------------------

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its funny how common sense seems to elude us in our modern culture.

The sad thing is that this would absolutely point our country in the right direction.......but it will never happen because the bleeding hearts in our country would deem it "extremism"

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There is something to say in favour of the "good old days" :hmm:

Our forefather's had a lot of wisdom and common sense and it seemed like a lot of those ideas were vogue at the time.

Here's another for the good ol' days……….. Thanks.jpg

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well said young lady, only if people would understand and adopt this line of thinking

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bogger of the GBCA
Join DateFeb 2007LocationMrs.Boggers Taco StandPosts20,687
Post Thanks / Like Thanks (Given)220Thanks (Received)1294Likes (Given)268Likes (Received)2133Recommend (Given)107Recommend (Received)815Love (Given)
14Love (Received)1217

You are a terrible liar.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I don't remember the other 13..... they meant nothing to me..

Do you get to vote 3 times on election day??????

Bogger of the GBCA
Post Thanks / Like https://www.snowandmud.com/images/styles/snow/buttons/collapse_40b.png Thanks (Given)220Thanks (Received)1294Likes (Given)268Likes (Received)2133Recommend (Given)107Recommend (Received)815Love (Given)
14Love (Received)1217

You are a terrible liar.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bet $100 that this wasn't written by who it claims to be by.

Bisch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Email didn't say the name of who wrote it. Posted as I received it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Bogger of the GBCA
Post Thanks / Like https://www.snowandmud.com/images/styles/snow/buttons/collapse_40b.png Thanks (Given)220Thanks (Received)1294Likes (Given)268Likes (Received)2133Recommend (Given)107Recommend (Received)815Love (Given)
14Love (Received)1217

You are a terrible liar.

Hahahaha Ian……that's a gotcha; plain and simple!

And as for the next post, "I don't remember the other 13", I don't think you are old enough to use that line………….but it is okay for you to doo whatever you want to doo right!

muddmadness

Reaction score
I'm not taking sides here as i don’t believe in lazinessbut what we should all keep in mind is that the native population isnt the mostsubsidized group in Canada. The poor working middle class Canadian living andworking in Saskatoon (for example) gets royally screwed. There are peopleposting on here that don’t pay a lick of taxes and they are rolling out newturbo yamis with new trucks out to the mountains as they simply don’t haveanything to do. good thing the poor sucker in Saskatoon is paying the bills.The reason the health care in sask sucks so bad isnt the people walking throughthe door or the money allotted to health care. It’s the people inside thehospital in the offices that are the problem. So if we really want to complainask for a balance sheet with a revenue audit and you will see where theproblems are. Sorry just my little rant for the morning! take it or leave it!

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not taking sides here as i don’t believe in lazinessbut what we should all keep in mind is that the native population isnt the mostsubsidized group in Canada. The poor working middle class Canadian living andworking in Saskatoon (for example) gets royally screwed. There are peopleposting on here that don’t pay a lick of taxes and they are rolling out newturbo yamis with new trucks out to the mountains as they simply don’t haveanything to do. good thing the poor sucker in Saskatoon is paying the bills.The reason the health care in sask sucks so bad isnt the people walking throughthe door or the money allotted to health care. It’s the people inside thehospital in the offices that are the problem. So if we really want to complainask for a balance sheet with a revenue audit and you will see where theproblems are. Sorry just my little rant for the morning! take it or leave it!

Which people posting on here are rolling around on turbo yammy's and new trucks in Saskatchewan and not paying tax??? If so I want In...

Being from saskatchewan born and raised, now residing in saskatoon I would have to disagree with the above statement. IMO the turbo yammy driving new trucks demographic, are nowheres near the problem. Cause hey... At least they paid tax on the sled and vehicle right?

The 21 year old girl is onto something.

tranquillicer

Reaction score

If you want this post to have any chance at "Credibility" you really should get a little more specific.
As for the perspective...I don't care if it's from a 21 year old or a 101 year old....I agree with it.

Top Bottom