weight vs big bore

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many guys think it would be better to lightweight vs big bore,and if so whos big bore and why,or whos light weight parts and why.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some calulations I have seen state that 7 Lbs of weight loss is equal to about 1 HP to the track. So do the math, how much will lightweight parts cost you for "X" HP to the track vs a big bore?!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many guys think it would be better to lightweight vs big bore,and if so whos big bore and why,or whos light weight parts and why.

You're better off ditching the weight IMO. Less weight = better power to weight, but you get to keep the stock reliability. I would rather have a sub-450 lb sled (full of fuel) and a stock motor with good reliability in a sled with a power to weight of 1:3, than a heavier sled with more HP and less reliability.

Having less weight will never hurt you when you are 15 miles from the truck (within reason of course). Having less reliability could mean getting towed home.

Who's parts vs who's big bore?? Need to know what sled they are going on first.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've got A carbon fiber rev.which is 420pds dry(from the shop) and gained 30% power.built at sled shed in revy,vertical composites did all the carbon work.and happy with build didn't do the big bore yet.As when riding the sled I felt a big diff.already.i'd like to do a big kit as well but do like the reliablity factor of stock motors.Ill always go on weight over power.:dwell until I get more money!

Top Bottom