Weight training discussion

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just finishing 2 beers, 3 cheese burgers and had donuts for breakfast.

I also hiked up base line mountain today(pushing my mtb the whole way) and mtb'd back down.

you can eat what ever you want, but you have to burn more calories than you take in to lose weight. it's super simple, but so many people struggle.

people arent made for a seditary life style.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious to know what you ate if you cut all of that out. Food is probably the single largest struggle for me.

Its hard to get used to at the start but gets pretty easy after a while. Typical day would be 2-3 eggs on a bed of steamed spinach for breakfast, grilled chicken breast and roasted veggies for lunch, steak and asparagus for supper. Snack in between are usually fresh veggies and hummus, apple and almond butter, etc. I find I really do feel good eating this way. Couldnt put fat on if you wanted to. We love to cook so its pretty fun having the added challenge of making great tasting meals that are super healthy. Its definitely more work though.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
For nutrition and wellness I've joined Melaleuca, they have great vitamins and supplements. For the fat burning they have an access bar that works well, you eat one 15 minutes before working out, and this stuff is backed and tested. They have a vitamin pack called Peak Performance, this has several vitamins that you have in the morning and at night. I cut out my sugar last fall and went on this stuff, I feel way better, no more headaches, no heartburn, no dependency on sugar. I have stuff called GC Control that I make a shake with. If you need any information on these products I can forward you over to one of my workers, he can hook you up. He trains every day, big guy in great shape.

4201g_enUs_ExtraLarge.jpg
https://cdnus.melaleuca.com/PDF/ProductStore/Food_WeightLoss/AccessFAQ_enUs.pdf

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just finishing 2 beers, 3 cheese burgers and had donuts for breakfast.

I also hiked up base line mountain today(pushing my mtb the whole way) and mtb'd back down.

you can eat what ever you want, but you have to burn more calories than you take in to lose weight. it's super simple, but so many people struggle.

people arent made for a seditary life style.

Bingo. Calories in versus calories out.

I’ve been weight training for the last ten years and until recently was tracking my macros (fat, protein, carbs). You’d be amazed at what your body will do if you consistently track your macros. A good friend of mine is a personal trainer and he got me onto a group on Facebook that promotes flexible dieting and macros. Shoot me a PM if you’re interested. The group is free and there is a ton of resources on there.

snow_farmer

Reaction score
Ive worked out my whole life and after turning 30 soon to be 31 ive noticed a huge difference weights have on my joints. In the last month alone ive put a rib out twice not even lifitng max. Ive really started to focus more on core and stretching now and feel a million times better. Someone recently told me to view your body like a spider web, the web is only as strong as your core/base. If you build that up everything else is easier.....

I have a rack at home and a quick workout I do in the summer is...

5 sets of 12 of
dead lift
squat
military press
chest
some form of abs

want to build muscle do sets of 5 with heavier weight!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets bring this back to the top. Who's doing what to get into better shape for the season?

I started riding my mountain bike 9km each way to work in August, definitely helped the cardio. Bike got stolen a couple weeks back and its getting cold... going to get back in the weight room asap. Any one find good online workouts? I used to use bodybuilding.com stuff like Chris Gethin but its a pay service now...

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets bring this back to the top. Who's doing what to get into better shape for the season?

I started riding my mountain bike 9km each way to work in August, definitely helped the cardio. Bike got stolen a couple weeks back and its getting cold... going to get back in the weight room asap. Any one find good online workouts? I used to use bodybuilding.com stuff like Chris Gethin but its a pay service now...

Check out www.onnit.com for some good training resources.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the elliptical this afternoon for 30min. I have been lucky all my life as I have always been fit,.. its just my cardio that suffers. One thing I have noticed is after the age of 40, I'm 47 now, is stretching is more important to get into the regime. The 'ol knees and shoulders are showing their age so I need to limber them up the most,.. I have started taking CBD oil(NOT CBD hemp extract) this spring and it has helped tremendously on my joints and inflammation.

One day at a time for the upcoming season.

Top Bottom