Weekend ooops

Sledhead96

Reaction score
So went out Sunday behind falkland bc, snow was thick and looked like it was gonna be a fun day with some friends and my little girl. Well somehow the e-brake got stuck on part way and brakes heated up. The heat caught the oil on the coolant line on fire and melted the oil bucket and deformed it and burnt a hole in the coolant line. Good buddy towed me out but still had fun. She'll be fixed up this weekend hopefully. Good times lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty common seen a few people burn these old revs from the brake. new sleds have an extremely annoying beep when the ebrake is on once the sled starts moving.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hahaha, yup, very common....... Daughter did that and was just lucky the fuel line never melted and caught fire too..... Lost all the engine oil cuz the oil reservoir melted and puked the oil all over the side.... Had some wiring repairs to do too........

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been there too, wifey took the old king cat for a lap in silent. left the park brake on, melted wiring and started to melt oil tank.

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been there too, wifey took the old king cat for a lap in silent. left the park brake on, melted wiring and started to melt oil tank.

I had a buddy do that last year and burnt his sled really good. The sled had to be rewired. Expensive mistake.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had that exact same thing happen to one of our Revs a few years ago. E brake wasn't on, but from sitting over summer caliper appeared to have partially seized.

Sledhead96

Reaction score
Wow lol seems pretty common lol at least I caught it before to much damage happened. Oh ya it burnt the rip chord too and starter was disconnected so I had to start it off the clutch and got a black eye off the tab on the pull chord lol!!! Thinking of just taking park lever off and using a strap for the future.

Last edited:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only ride mtns and I'm surprised by howmany people use thier park break regularly. (I didnt think any canadains used their park break in car or truck even in summer) there really are very few times it is needed. my buddy had a freind burn his 670 doo to the ground a few years ago the same way. alota guys I know disconect thiers, especially us snowboarders as others ride your sled to pick you up from the bottom of the snowboard lap. I've seen guys on doo's get a bit out of control, bucked about the sled and go to grab afist full of brake lever and in the same motion pull the park brake on too. then they usually smoke the belt wondering why.

Sledhead96

Reaction score
I only ride mtns and I'm surprised by howmany people use thier park break regularly. (I didnt think any canadains used their park break in car or truck even in summer) there really are very few times it is needed. my buddy had a freind burn his 670 doo to the ground a few years ago the same way. alota guys I know disconect thiers, especially us snowboarders as others ride your sled to pick you up from the bottom of the snowboard lap. I've seen guys on doo's get a bit out of control, bucked about the sled and go to grab afist full of brake lever and in the same motion pull the park brake on too. then they usually smoke the belt wondering why.

Ya I only ever use it when it's on th sled deck cause it's got a wooden floor and my buddy hasn't put cleats on it yet. I think while me and my daughter were waiting for friends she accidentally applied it but hey, she's 7 so no fault. But ya it's getting disconnected this weekend lol

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use mine every time i start a sled, I've seen a few take off over the years. one in particular was being started by a lift mechanic at the bottom of pano, sled ended up in the deli window( 4' off the ground) it went through the maze gates, and launched off a pile of snow. there was probably 25 people standing in the lift area.....

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use mine every time i start a sled, I've seen a few take off over the years. one in particular was being started by a lift mechanic at the bottom of pano, sled ended up in the deli window( 4' off the ground) it went through the maze gates, and launched off a pile of snow. there was probably 25 people standing in the lift area.....

THAT TEATHER lol... they work :)

Sledhead96

Reaction score
So oil bucket had a small hole and finding one has becom a bit tricky cause of this exact misshap but I managed to get it epoxied and works like a charm. Also fabbed up a heat shield just in case lol ski doo should have done this in the first place. ran all day Sunday with no issues. Can't wait for next weekend :)

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
Last week my buddy and I were out on a good drift hill having fun. I was waist deep digging myself out and I look over to see him revving the crap out of his sled and it not moving. I go over and look, meanwhile he thinks he broke his chain or damaged the drive somehow(he's quite new to sledding and rides a 700 RMK). I look at the handlebar and his brake is on! Of course he ruined the belt too...of course. Lol. Guess who got his hands dirty...LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 142
Top Bottom