Weekend day trip from Calgary, anyone want to go?

mikeo2

Reaction score
Im looking at heading out this weekend for a day trip from Calgary. Im new to mountain riding (have all the gear and safety stuff) and am just looking for an easier day of getting my feet wet while breaking in the new doo. Live in the SE and have room for one more on my sled deck if anyones interested.

eke019

Reaction score
I am hoping to find someone interested in going to Corbin on Sat., I think you can make that a day trip.

mikeo2

Reaction score
I am hoping to find someone interested in going to Corbin on Sat., I think you can make that a day trip.

Where abouts is corbin staging area? 2.5 to 3 hours is a day trip in my books.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Corbin is in the Fernie area. Would be out of your 3 hr range. Would be closer to 3.5 hours. Crowsnest area (is 3 hours). Maybe Bearbeary north west of Calgary would be good with all the recent snow? Never been there but one day.....
Cataract is the closest and easily a day trip.

eke019

Reaction score
It would bit over 3, Google says 3:15 form Macleod & Stony Tr. Where would like to go that is within your 2.5 - 3 hours? I have always found the snow to be deeper as soon as cross the border, never been to Cataract but reading the posts from Dec it sounded way worse than Corbin. Not sure that much more snow has fallen there.

mikeo2

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what's in my approximate distance range. If google says 3:15, I'd do that. It's likely a little less than that to. I'm not to familiar with areas around calgary, I grew up in sask and have been to sicamous once. That's the extent of my mountain riding but I bought a summit this fall with the intent to do a lot more of it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
SE Calgary to the BC/AB border via Highway #2 and turning at the Bar U turnoff or behind Nanton and down highway 22 should only be 2.5 hours. Usually no trouble, Calgary to Fernie/Elkford in 3 hours. That's about 1/2 an hour into BC. Lots of Calgary dudes day trip to Crowsnest, Corbin, Fernie and/or Elkford.

Top Bottom