Weed zzzz

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I sprayed a few large dandelions in my yard with brake clean tonite. They were quite green. Within 20 minutes, they looked extremely brown and half dead. I'll take another look in the morning....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want season control on dandelions and thistle then Curtail will do the trick. It isn't good on some other weeds though unfortunately. Like others have said the best way to kill dandelions and thistles is with Roundup in the fall after the first frost. The plant starts storing food for the winter so all the chemical goes straight to the roots. I find the best all round spray for the farm lawns is Prestige. Its pricey but kills pretty much all the weeds and doesn't hurt the grass. You can buy a 10 litre jug of Roundup from a farm supply store for like $60. Waaaaay cheaper than garden stores and its the real stuff.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will never use Par 3 tank mixed with Green with Envy again. Damn near wore the ride on mower out trying to keep up, it is no wonder golf courses use it. Horse fields get the Grazon treatment.

Straight up ground sterilization Calmix, but be mindful of water run off. Wicked stuff lol.
And it stinks for a long time.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've used Spectrum on Timothy crops in the spring but it just suppresses the dandy's this time of year. I usually use a MCPA in the fall. Its amazing how a little mcpa works in the fall after a frost....just freeking smokes them.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sprayed a few large dandelions in my yard with brake clean tonite. They were quite green. Within 20 minutes, they looked extremely brown and half dead. I'll take another look in the morning....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Any updates?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of great advice here guys...Thanks. I'm heading out to Calgary in May for nitro circus so I'll be hitting the farming supply stores with my list.
cheers

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You know in the prairies there's so many chemicals sprayed during the warm months that it's airborn for most of the season, all the plants are exposed to it, so no weeds grow in Saskatchewan. :rolleyes:

personally these work best.
Speedy_Weeder.jpg

Last edited:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with green drop, weed man or any of the other companies ?

Top Bottom