Wednesday Night Ride Video - RMDRA McLean Creek

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Video taken this past Wednesday dirt biking in McLean Creek with other members of the RMDRA. This ride included a couple intermediate loops with plenty of mud, water, a few hill climbs and plenty of fun.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArSHuhAmqTo[/YOUTUBE]

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice riding!

Which trail section has the wooden bridge sections over all the swamp? Never seen those before. :beer:

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks awsome down there. Cant wait till next year when i get my 2011 ktm.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool vid, looks like a great place to ride. I was starting to think you didn't ride with Yammies, but it turns out that it just took you a while to catch up to them!:p:d

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Cool vid, looks like a great place to ride. I was starting to think you didn't ride with Yammies, but it turns out that it just took you a while to catch up to them!:p:d

Now that I think about it, Candy led the yammies up the trail last week as she was rippin it up on her 250 XC. I think the blue bikes had a tough time keeping pace with her. I used to ride YZ's back in the day but love the new KTM now that I've been spoiled.:)

The muskeg mats (bridge) were installed by the RMDRA and it is laid over the skeg between the Northwest side of McLean and the east side between Fisher. It's there for single track riders only. There's more work being done by the club and more single track trail to be opened in the near future. Right now the club is working on opening 50klm of new trail in the Fallen Timber area with bridges and trail being constructed as we speak.

This is a really great club and they are active in getting SRD to give up more single track and even have SRD flying in a few new bridges at McLean when they are finished the work in Fallen Timber. Looks like some quadders decided to remove two sections of that muskeg bridge in recent weeks and hauled the two sections a couple hundred feet down to build their own quad bridge over the creek. Not very cool at all as a few members had to drag it back and lag bolt it back in place this past Wednesday during the ride. Must have been a 300 pound rider too because they broke a few boards while riding over them. If you know anyone who might have done this in the McLean area, let them know it's not appreciated by anyone. (just an FYI)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats just ignorant, I know we would have really appreciated coming acorss those muskeg matts when we were there after May long. Just out there again today and wow it was wet!

Thanks for the info, the work the clubs do is always appreciated! :beer:

15 days till the days start gettin shorter! Snow be flyin soon!

Top Bottom