Weather warning for edmonton and northern alberta

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING OF STRONG WINDS, UP TO 80KPH AS A COLD FRONT MOVES IN:

Weather Watches & Warnings: Edmonton, Alberta

Wind warning: City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park Issued at 10:29 AM MDT SATURDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2009
STRONG WINDS ARE EXPECTED TODAY.

A COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP THROUGH ALBERTA TODAY BRINGING STRONG GUSTY NORTHWESTERLY WINDS. IN GRANDE PRAIRIE WINDS OF 60 GUSTING TO 80 KM/H ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP NEAR NOON AND PERSIST THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. THE COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THOUGH CENTRAL ALBERTA DURING THE AFTERNOON. WINDS FOR THE CITY OF EDMONTON AND SURROUNDING REGIONS ARE EXPECTED TO PEAK LATE AFTERNOON INTO EARLY EVENING. WINDS 60 KM/H GUSTING TO 80 KM/H ARE FORECAST.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm out by bruderheimm and the winds are retarded right now, was just on top of the racks and was getting blown around pretty good

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING OF STRONG WINDS, UP TO 80KPH AS A COLD FRONT MOVES IN:

Weather Watches & Warnings: Edmonton, Alberta

Wind warning: City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park Issued at 10:29 AM MDT SATURDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2009
STRONG WINDS ARE EXPECTED TODAY.

A COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP THROUGH ALBERTA TODAY BRINGING STRONG GUSTY NORTHWESTERLY WINDS. IN GRANDE PRAIRIE WINDS OF 60 GUSTING TO 80 KM/H ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP NEAR NOON AND PERSIST THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. THE COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THOUGH CENTRAL ALBERTA DURING THE AFTERNOON. WINDS FOR THE CITY OF EDMONTON AND SURROUNDING REGIONS ARE EXPECTED TO PEAK LATE AFTERNOON INTO EARLY EVENING. WINDS 60 KM/H GUSTING TO 80 KM/H ARE FORECAST.
so Rick. were your big girl panties in the wash today. or is that weather warning what kept you from Grassland?

• Staff

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
so rick. Were your big girl panties in the wash today. Or is that weather warning what kept you from grassland?

had to take the sled trailer out to storage and put the sleds in it today..... Picking up my travel trailer sunday so i can fix the front siding from when the quad deck poked a hole in it...... Never had the sleds ready, and donnie from grassland never faxed me the list of classes, so i could see if our kids could both race the 800? Maybe next year!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had to take the sled trailer out to storage and put the sleds in it today..... Picking up my travel trailer sunday so i can fix the front siding from when the quad deck poked a hole in it...... Never had the sleds ready, and donnie from grassland never faxed me the list of classes, so i could see if our kids could both race the 800? Maybe next year!

Talked with Ron and we decided that we would ride you like a rented mule for not showing up. LOL. :whipped::Snowmobile1:

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still windy today. Good for snow for you sledders!!. I keep thinking of the poor Dutch Elm Trees in the city that need to be protected. Those
trees have taken a beating this year,not good:(

Attachments

• july18,2009 004.JPG
    july18,2009 004.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 33
  • july18,2009 005.JPG
    july18,2009 005.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 29
  • july18,2009 006.JPG
    july18,2009 006.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 35
  • july18,2009 008.JPG
    july18,2009 008.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 32

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still windy today. Good for snow for you sledders!!. I keep thinking of the poor Dutch Elm Trees in the city that need to be protected. Those
trees have taken a beating this year,not good:(

holey chit DL those from yesterdays wind?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
WOW....Had some wind last night in Cowtown, but it didn't last long.

Hey, DL. Those pics look like St. Albert????

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet, bring on the snow! I'm all ready to get the first ride in, as soon as theres enough snow here I come :beer:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Pretty windy right now in Spruce Grove. Power just came back after 15min of darkness!! :beer::d

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
windy in the park here too.... Broken branches everywhere.....

I think the back doors are gonna blow off my warehouse.... this is crazy!

We just had trail clearing on Saturday, I'm guessing we have to go back this coming Saturday to do it all again!

Top Bottom