Weather/snowfall forecasts, apps etc

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folks.
Time to reload all the apps I used to have on my iPhone.
Avalanche Canada for sure...
What about weather/snowfall forecasts?
Are folks just using ski hill information?
I know last year there was a couple times the ski hill information was just a bit..... What's the word I'm looking for???
Lies! Haha yes that's the word.
So ya, what sites/apps to Y'all use?

Turts.
Ready anytime you are Momma N!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to use the highway cams, ski hill camera, and any satellite imagery. it was hit or miss on a weekend outing, as we got what we got, more cloudy overcast and snowstorm days than any bluebird days. the avalanche info was usually quite good. :twocents:

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Keep the suggestions coming.
I found the one I was using most last year.
Snow Forecast, Snow Reports & Snow Conditions
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446923842.728877.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use various information sources. First I come here to read the lies on how deep it is :)

Then I use snow-forecast which over the past few years has been realistic. When comparing it to Revy ski hill forecast (which always predicts high to get people out there) I would say for Boulder you can average the two.

Webcams are usually great references. On a normal winter you can gauge fresh snow by the Rogers Pass cam and how high the banks are. There were no banks last winter.

I have seen that intellicast before but never tried it. Other areas I rely on the local ski hill reports for there 24 hour and 7 day. Just remember when looking at season to date numbers, those start in October, early season stuff usually gets rained out but the number does not reset.

For the U.S, the NOAA sites aren't bad.

Most times the most accurate result is to get out there and ride :)

Top Bottom