Mountain Information Network App (MIN)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Donegal Wilson posted this on FB today and to be honest, I think it's a good idea. I'll be trying to submit my observations and photos from here out.

"As I cruise Facebook this morning I see lots of pictures that all of you were out riding this past weekend. You have shared some great photos and descriptions of the snow conditions you saw. Some of you even had warnings for your friends or pictures of slides that had been triggered either human or otherwise. You have all shared a virtual wealth of information for anyone that is thinking of travelling in the back country or forecasting in regions with little data.
It is great to see all this information...but guess what? Everyone who could use this information is likely not in your friends list... Avalanche Canada cannot filter thousands of Facebook feeds for the data it needs. That is why Avalanche Canada created the Mountain Information Network App (MIN) to capture this data. This platform is for us to use to share our observations, snow reports (good or bad) and general experience that day on the snow.
It does not even have to avalanche related. How about a description of a washout that people should be aware of on the trail, a creek that has opened up, or just how great the snow was on the weekend with a picture of you getting a powder face shot.
When I go look at the MIN reports for this past weekend onwww.avalanche.ca there are very few reports. None for the North Rockies, none for the sea to sky and only 15 for the whole rest of the Province.
So people please take the time to do a quick report, attach a picture and submit to the MIN. It helps us all have a better real time understanding of what is happening out there."

Just wanted to share...cheers and safe sledding!

aocbiz

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing this morning.
Very few reports from the sledding community.

Reaction score
Website
www.Avalanche.ca
If you are new to the Mountain Information Network (MIN), and not sure how to go about posting one...here is a video that can walk you through it! A quick report is the easiest to start with...don't forget to include a photo of you shredding! Also, if you are worried about giving away your secret stash, try just dropping the location pin in the staging area.

https://vimeo.com/151970678

Top Bottom