Weather Advisory Thread

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all know this road

YouTube

someone also told me flood insurance in alberta is not covered. Maybe this is why everyone is posting the insurance borads number? Could be wrong there though.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most homeowner policies cover flooding from a break in the plumbing, NOT from rise in water table or natural disaster.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most homeowner policies cover flooding from a break in the plumbing, NOT from rise in water table or natural disaster.
I hope people have other forms of insurance then. I was helping my cousin move out of Hidden Valley last night and a couple of his neighbours were not moving and had just given up said insurance would take care of it?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary this morn.

sent from a top secret location

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371825321545.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371825321545.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 140

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
supposed to be opening the dicksen dam this morning, red deer will be flooded this afternoon. or lower parts. not sure which is worse fire or flood? fire mostly everything is gone, flood, everything is ruined, both are bad. hopefully everyone is safe.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jesus what a mess. Heartbreaking to see the images on the news and online. Waiting to hear if my cousin's place is swimming in Calgary. Is there anything a guy can do in Red Deer to help when our water starts rising (higher)? I remember the last flood they were filling sandbags in the old civil yards.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no idea, any of the old areas along the river will be affected, trails will be under water and damaged, won't realy know until it happens, no idea where to call, maybe city emergency services?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A girl we run with just posted on FB that she saw her moms house on the news, going down a river. What a way to find out.... Mom is OK.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for insurance speaking first hand unless you have specific flood insurance, no you will not be covered. If a "vessel" broke EG water main you are covered. If over flowed creek or ditch you are not. In-laws house has been flooded a few times due to irrigation lines breaking, they were covered. Had a bad rain storm and the city ditch culvert clogged and flooded the neighborhood. Nobody was covered. This was in Kelowna mind you.....

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Guy I work with has a seasonal spot at Clearwater store west of Caroline they had to move his trailer. Waist deep in the campground there

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got 4 refugees in my house, they're place is in mission area, not looking too good for them to return anytime soon....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary core off line now. Controlled evacuation of the complete downtown core now. Saddledome is under water up to row 14 now.Unbelievable!!

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy I work with has a seasonal spot at Clearwater store west of Caroline they had to move his trailer. Waist deep in the campground there

My parents have a cabin at clear springs campground, I wonder if we have waterfront property again like in '05 I think it was. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to the news but this whole thing seemed like it kinda snuck up.

manonfire

Reaction score
I think this is worse than 2005. With the lower doing temperatures snow packs are being melted faster now with the sudden down pores of rain melting the snow quicker than anything can handle causing the flash flood situations that we are seeing right now. Crazy chit for sure none the less. My heart goes out to all russet are affected.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4 Beta

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have heard they are shutting off water to Airdrie now ??not sure how much that will help though

Top Bottom