Weather Advisory Thread

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well thankfully the heavy rain fall warning has been lifted, be we are still expecting more rain. 6 communities in the lower Calgree are have been put on mandatory evacuation, I'm sure there will be many other's before this is all over!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a brainwave to call the Bow River Irrigation District head office. We live on the north end of Lake Mcgregor which is fed by a feeder irrigation canal from the Bow River gates at Carsland. I'm wondering if they will open those gates to releive pressure and send it our way? The feeder canal runs next to our yard. Makes life interesting........especially for a worry wart like me. Lol.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would assume the worst sp. hope for the best. they will have to relieve the pressure soon

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm watching Global Calgary, and really seeing the FULL impact of this rain. The communities and towns that are on mandatory evacuation is rising by the hour.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The news has just been interrupted by a "Alberta Emergency Alert" of mandatory evacuations. Effective immediately!!!

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How stoked would everyone be though if it was the middle of winter? pow on pow on pow!!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Close to 100,000 residents might be relocated, before this is over.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How stoked would everyone be though if it was the middle of winter? pow on pow on pow!!!
I have lived here for 6 years now, and still am dreaming about my Snow Day. Away from work.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey John S, are you safe from all of this?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey John S, are you safe from all of this?

Yeah thanks for asking I'm in Cimarron up the road from the river. The town is probably going to be under water by now might go down and have a look. Hope the bridge does not get washed out.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was wondering about foothills M8? Ian ??
I'll send him a text, and hopefully he's ok too
Yeah thanks for asking I'm in Cimarron up the road from the river. The town is probably going to be under water by now might go down and have a look. Hope the bridge does not get washed out.
That's good, I know where Cimarron is. I wouldn't be surprised, if the bridge get's washed out before the river crest's.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
it just comes and goes..10 min ago it was sunny and I BBQ ed my dinner,,and now its a straight down deluge. Weather patterns are changing for sure,,wonder how much this will cost insurance companies or people with out insurance...And CP rail bridges are washed out,,,no coal or anything moving through CNP..crazy amount of money lost there,,,And we still will get pounded with hail again this year to

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thing ya live on the high side of the street mike. we aere supposed to get another 50 mils by morning

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another "Alberta Emergency Alert" has been issued.

There is now 16 communities, that are being told to evacuate their homes NOW!!!

Top Bottom