Watershed Protection/Water Security

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tried to reword the signature and date area, but file is to large. i'm sure there is someone here who can get it done. or we can sit here and go roundy round.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Alberta NDP have banned all Jeeps and other Highway Vehicles from off-roading in Castle Provincial Park and Castle Wildlands Provincial Park. They ignored local authorities and They have also announced plans to limit the use of OHV's (Off Highway Vehicles) such as quads, dirt bikes, side by sides and snowmobiles in the Castle Parks with the end goal of completely phasing out their usage in the next 3-5 years.

This is an existential threat to our rural way of life. We must not take this lying down. We must unite as Albertans and show the NDP government that they have no right to infringe on our right to responsibly enjoy the great outdoors. If they can get away with this in one area of the province there's nothing stopping them from doing it elsewhere.

Fortunately, there is still time to have your say as the consultation process for this decision is still underway until March 20, 2017.
To voice your concerns email ABParks.PlanComments@gov.ab.ca and cc our environment minister Shannon Phillips at aep.minister@gov.ab.ca

You can also contact your local MLA and voice your disproval on this disastrous decision. To find out who you MLA is and how to contact him click here: https://www.assembly.ab.ca/lao/mla/mla_help.htm

Sign my petition against this here:

For more information on this whole scenario click here: https://talkaep.alberta.ca/CastleManagementPlan

Please share this video so that all Jeeper's , 4x4er's, snowmobiler's and dirt biker's across the province are aware of this situation and have a chance to stand up for their right to responsibly enjoy the great outdoors!
Government of Alberta

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
i tried to reword the signature and date area, but file is to large. i'm sure there is someone here who can get it done. or we can sit here and go roundy round.

IF I get a chance to get anywhere near my computer at home tonight I'll look into this suggestion Larry...... that's a huge IF though

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IF I get a chance to get anywhere near my computer at home tonight I'll look into this suggestion Larry...... that's a huge IF though

i have it , but it says it is 1mb? and post will only take 350 b ? i don't have the computer savy to do it. i can send it text if you want to look? i asked the man he said it was ok to mod if i wanted to?

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm not even sure my message will get read but i'll say something anyway.

Just want to let you know that I am an avid Hiker,mountain biker, camper,fisherman AND OHV rider as well as a jeep user. I like the idea of the Castle area to become a protected area from logging and coal mining but is it really necessary to keep the ohv's and jeeps out of an area that has seen bridges built and trails maintained? An area they have been in for years.

I grew up riding atv's and snowmobiles and in the last 20 years took up hiking and now mountain biking but I must say I like to ohv more so than the other two. One can see so much more country in a weekend than you can hiking. Now there are times I must say that i'd rather not hear a car a truck or an atv engine in the background so that's when I head to one of our many provincial/national parks. I like it the way it is. If I want absolute silence I go to the parks, if I want to ride my atv or jeep I hit the trails outside of the parks. Isn't that the way it should be? Everybody happy right? Well it seems there is another group of people ( some of them not even from this province let alone this country) that want to CONSTANTLY shut the back country of Alberta down to motorized vehicles... Sometimes they don't even want people hiking there. This is just absurd! I am all for keeping our waterways clean so that we maintain good clean waters for fish/drinking etc but the banning of atv's and jeeps doesn't need to be done. We have bridges, roads buildings, ski hills etc etc in the national and provincial parks so why can't we have ohv's and jeeps in the back country outside of these parks??
This whole image of ohv's wrecking the landscape needs to stop. And also every little trail that turns to mud doesn't need to be made out to be like the world is going to cave in.
Have you ever been on a horse? Well I have and they can do just as much "damage" to the earth as OHV's do.You take 100 people walking on the same path and it will get beat down. What is the problem here? It's not like people are riding everywhere there is a patch of grass, they ride the trails. Do we need OHV's riding all over the beautifull mountain hill sides? Absolutely not and that's what the maintained trails are there for.
Pretty soon you will just have people ignoring the signs because their riding areas keep getting taken away.
I'm asking you to look at the whole picture and see that it's not just hikers and bikers that should be the only ones to use the land. We live here too and we are all entitled to that land.
Why don't you people make EVERYONE respect you rather than dictate what people can and can not do. Last time I checked it wasn't a crime to head out to the mountains with your friends and family and enjoy the great out doors.
We have enough parks, we don't need another if it's going to keep out the people that grew up and made great memories there!

Hopefully someone reads this and sees that everyone needs to be happy with the decision not just the non motorized folk.
I don't think I've ever once seen it where OHV riders try to have hikers kept out of an area, but every time I turn around some extreme environmentalist is always trying to have things done their way. That's not how it works i this country. OHV's are not going away anytime soon so why not work with them rather than always trying to turn them away from areas they should be able to ride?
I'm asking that you leave the Castle area open to OHV's and Jeeps. Hopefully you will realize that's the right thing to do.
Thanks for listening,
**** *****, Hinton Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm no English profesor that's for sure but feel good about voicing my concerns. Wouldn't it ne awesome if we all respected and were happy with the way our government treated us???

Instead of that it seems like we have a really strict parent telling us that we cannot do anything anymore at all it's getting out of hand here....they preach to us that we live in a free country yet every time we turn around were told we can't do something it's just retarded and it's pissing a lot of people off.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks, I did my part and wrote them a letter. Not sure what good it'll do or if it'll even get read but I sent one.

They emailed me back right away and said that I had reached the office for climate change parks etc. Hopefully that's the right place.
honestly, the only way anything will work right now is a public flood of e-mails and hard copy letters. and that is only a maybe. i just think we need to do something other wise this closure thing is coming north and in a big hurry. so send a letter for you, your aunt, uncle mother father, 15th cousin.:beer: sitting by and doing nothing is a final goodbye.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
honestly, the only way anything will work right now is a public flood of e-mails and hard copy letters. and that is only a maybe. i just think we need to do something other wise this closure think is coming north and in a hurry. so send a letter for you, your aunt, uncle mother father, 15th cousin.:beer: sitting by and doing nothing is a final goodbye.

I dunno man. What good does a letter really do? They can just file them as they see fit and move on. The letters are an important start. We need to be in their face constantly. We need media attention. We need to bring up rights issues. We need to solicit sympathy and support from people who would otherwise only hear what the environmentalists have to say. I dare to say the average Joe who's not involved in motorsports has made up their mind about us a long time ago because the only people who had their attention were the environmental interest groups. ...it's going to take a lot of work to change their minds.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true, so true! frustrating to sit and do nothing, media may give some attention if large group effort starts getting vocal.

i would think, post office mail may have more notice than e-mails, from back in the day as pres of lions local club

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno man. What good does a letter really do? They can just file them as they see fit and move on. The letters are an important start. We need to be in their face constantly. We need media attention. We need to bring up rights issues. We need to solicit sympathy and support from people who would otherwise only hear what the environmentalists have to say. I dare to say the average Joe who's not involved in motorsports has made up their mind about us a long time ago because the only people who had their attention were the environmental interest groups. ...it's going to take a lot of work to change their minds.

You're right! I have since leaned that the emails just get deleted where as they HAVE to open up each letter that is sent. Was told to send letters to both Notley and Shannon Phillips.

people can't sit idle here. It's a pain in the ass but weneed to write the letters and send as well as get in there face.
These greenies want all the east slopes shut right down to everybody except hikers.
It's their way or no way there is no comprimise with them.

Top Bottom