IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
here is my hillbilly weekend........

099.jpg

093.jpg

YES....... there is a complete Can-Am Renegade attached to those handlebars. It was cold in the water, a winch to pull out, pulled plugs, dropped water level in crank to full mark, put the plugs back in and it ran 5kms of trails and 8kms of road back to camp without missing a beat....... never even spit out a code!!!!!

CampingMay303009070.jpg

CampingMay303009071.jpg

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
looks like fun! nice pics....where did you set up camp?
at the washout across the road to red deer falls, take a right. go up there about 1/4 km and there are clearings there. Right behind where the trailer are is a really nice little stream. Quick moving and friggin cold too..... Came in empty and filled the fresh tanks out of the stream.

From there I managed to put on 120kms of trails to the red deer falls and back on day 1, then 80kms of trails and roads to the wapiti river (which lured me in) on day 2 and then another 80kms alonf the red deer on day 3...... day 3 it ran perfect after the drowning!!!!

In case anybody is wondering....... Onion Lake is not yet accessable with a quad. You hit a wall of snow about 1 km up the trail and got deeper as I chewed through it further up the trail.

Steve..... Carry replacement oil. It is the only water invasion I got. Diffs are clean and never took on any water into the fuel tank. Seat weight about 50 pounds after, but drains well when you stand it on end for a while.

Takes about 5 minutes with a 13mm wrench to drop and replace the oil...... mine came out white.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at the washout across the road to red deer falls, take a right. go up there about 1/4 km and there are clearings there. Right behind where the trailer are is a really nice little stream. Quick moving and friggin cold too..... Came in empty and filled the fresh tanks out of the stream.

From there I managed to put on 120kms of trails to the red deer falls and back on day 1, then 80kms of trails and roads to the wapiti river (which lured me in) on day 2 and then another 80kms alonf the red deer on day 3...... day 3 it ran perfect after the drowning!!!!

In case anybody is wondering....... Onion Lake is not yet accessable with a quad. You hit a wall of snow about 1 km up the trail and got deeper as I chewed through it further up the trail.

Steve..... Carry replacement oil. It is the only water invasion I got. Diffs are clean and never took on any water into the fuel tank. Seat weight about 50 pounds after, but drains well when you stand it on end for a while.

Takes about 5 minutes with a 13mm wrench to drop and replace the oil...... mine came out white.

how far is it from Chetwynd to where u guys set up camp? as for onion lake it will probaly be august for that run did it a couple years back in late spet and had snow that night coming out across the mountain top.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
how far is it from Chetwynd to where u guys set up camp? as for onion lake it will probaly be august for that run did it a couple years back in late spet and had snow that night coming out across the mountain top.
from chet, would be about 200k ballpark...

45k to the ojay, 25k to the 2500 turn-off and then about another 17k i think.

How long a run is it into Onion lake from the road?

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remeber right I belive it was about 50 miles round trip from the campsite to onion lake and back it was a lond ride we were about 17 hours mind u we had two break downs,almost sided in the bush for the night we went in perpered to stay if needed

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
Where abouts is that exactlly looks like some pretty country
south of tumbler ridge BC. In the wapiti area & red deer falls

thats a big 10-4 ric...... figured I could sail her across, but the current was a little stronger than I though. I'll try again in a month or so.......

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you have a map of area and how to get there ? i would like to go to red deer falls

Top Bottom