wasps wtf

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats with all the yellow jackets. found 2 in ground nests yesterday while cutting grass, may have to put nitros on the ol lawn cutter. those sob's came out of that hole with a lot of attitude, got real lucky and never got stung but they were buzzing all around. should have left the mower over the nest and left it running. now what do i do, they don't seem to want to play nice.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats with all the yellow jackets. found 2 in ground nests yesterday while cutting grass, may have to put nitros on the ol lawn cutter. those sob's came out of that hole with a lot of attitude, got real lucky and never got stung but they were buzzing all around. should have left the mower over the nest and left it running. now what do i do, they don't seem to want to play nice.

gasoline!!!!!!!

but make sure you videotape it:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hang a brown paper bag nearby, on a string kinda crumpled up a bit, they think it's another nest and will leave.

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bring out your garden hose and just leave it running by the nest. then block the hole.

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we use the fake hives too and they work great, but i think they might be a preventative measure. . .

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
For ground nests GASOLINE is the best.... Use LOTS and pour fuse line so you can be about 20 ft away when she blows.....If you do it right it will shoot a fireball into the air and rain down carcuses..... really pretty cool.

Yellowjackets I find aren't that bad, got stung 12 times on my ankles a few summers ago, at first thought it was just thistles... it's those white and black paper wasps that hurt like a mofo and swell like crazy.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score

Yup this time of year they get bad .............. Raid makes a real nice product that has a long straw that you stick in the nest and it foams it, hole is full in under a second then you just keep going .......... traps them inside and they die ........ used it a couple times now works great. Gas will destroy your lawn! :nono: Have fun :beer::d:beer:

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had lots of problems with them on the farm .....My grandfather used to hang a piece of beef in a tree over a 5 gallon bucket of water .....they will engorge themselves and fall off into the water bucket and drowned .....sounds gross but is very effective and will draw them away from their nests !! Old school approach .....I like the foam idea !!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had lots of problems with them on the farm .....My grandfather used to hang a piece of beef in a tree over a 5 gallon bucket of water .....they will engorge themselves and fall off into the water bucket and drowned .....sounds gross but is very effective and will draw them away from their nests !! Old school approach .....I like the foam idea !!

thats a waste of a good steak though. lol

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes big wasp activity in the fall means they are prepping for a big winter. Hope so, there's a ton of them.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to try something, those bastages are mean, maybe something like the red squirrel trouble a little while back, tried to find raid that foams so far no luck, more than likely sold out, gas may be the answer. definitely not a fair fight, they have lots of friends and i can't seem to find anyone to help me out. must have good time homies, the ones who don't bring beer and leave when yours is done.

Last edited:

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to try something, those bastages are mean, maybe something like the red squirrel trouble a little while back, tried to find raid that foams so far no luck, more than likely sold out, gas may be the answer. definitly not a far fight, they have lots of friends and i can't seem to find any to watch mine. must be good time homies, the ones who don't bring beer and leave when yours is done.

WTF??????

I don't understand:confused:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to try something, those bastages are mean, maybe something like the red squirrel trouble a little while back, tried to find raid that foams so far no luck, more than likely sold out, gas may be the answer. definitly not a far fight, they have lots of friends and i can't seem to find any to watch mine. must be good time homies, the ones who don't bring beer and leave when yours is done.

Foam works but gas is more fun!!!! I use deisel, don't need much. Won't blow yourself up and kills them faster with no need for a fire on a dry year.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trick with the gas it to use at least 5 gallons as bogger suggests, make sure you stick the nozzle in the hole before they come out that way they stay in the hole, make a trail line to light again as bogger suggests, light and the problem is solved.

The gas only damages the lawn when you spill it all over the place dancing around like an idiot because you didnt get the spout in the hole before the little beggers start swarming you.

And with a minimum of 5 gallons your in for really great show when she blows........ Have fun and play safe.:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
EXACTLY......Thank you for the clarification, no need to half azz it....

Just sayin

The trick with the gas it to use at least 5 gallons as bogger suggests, make sure you stick the nozzle in the hole before they come out that way they stay in the hole, make a trail line to light again as bogger suggests, light and the problem is solved.

The gas only damages the lawn when you spill it all over the place dancing around like an idiot because you didnt get the spout in the hole before the little beggers start swarming you.

And with a minimum of 5 gallons your in for really great show when she blows........ Have fun and play safe.:d

Top Bottom