Warranty Sucks....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge has awful warranty. A couple years ago pulled out to a strathmore timmys less than a month after we picked up our new diesel. Anyways there was this big brand new 4x4 dodge dually. Thing had a big welder on the back was running the big diesel(can't remember what it was) and was covered in lemons and said something along the lines of "if you are thinking about buying a dodge ask me about this truck." So we were looking at this truck and the guy comes so we asked him about it. Turn out he was going to a well site and it was a little muddy. He put it into 4wd and tried to get through it but just sank. Got hooked up to another truck and tried pulling out of the mudhole and blew the transmission. Took it into dodge with less than 20,000k on it and told then what happened. Wouldn't replace it because he was in the mud.

Who would think a 4x4 would be in the mud ever?

Anyways guy asked his company if he could sell his truck and buy a chev or ford. Company wouldn't let him so he just plastered the thing with lemon. Pretty funny stuff to see driving around

Two sides to every story. But from the information given 90% chance it was the guys own fault.

Let's see a 1 ton dually with a welder, 90% chance it is overloaded? Maybe higher? In the mud, getting pulled out, like that's hard to break something! How likely where there bigger tires, chips etc? I'd say VERY. I don't care what truck or transmission it is, in the mud if your not careful it get taken out SO easily. Modify at own risk. If you chip it and blow the transmission it's your own fault, plain and simple. I mean if you take it apart and prove it's a factory defect sure, but usually if it's not stock it's YOUR fault.

There is a CHANCE it went easily and he had a legit claim, but the problem is SO many people do stupid ch!t and try to get warranty they ruin it for legit people. Dodge is bad with warranty but it's not all there fault.

You get guys stacking two chips without gauges pulling a huge trailer and complaining when they blow their motor and figure it must be dodges fault!

But then again i've never had a issue with dodges warranty......if I broke something and it's my fault I fix it myself. If it's legit they have fixed it no questions asked.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm driving a super duty! Gonna find out tomorrow how it goes in the mud!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM dropped the manual trans in their trucks in '06. The current body style ('07.5 and up) have all been autos.)
no they haven't just did a clutch in a 08 with 220,000 km on monday know the facts,they are special order rpo m96 and tz0

Last edited:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no they haven't just did a clutch in a 08 with 220,000 km on monday know the facts,they are special order rpo m96 and tz0

Possibly fleet package only?? A good friend of mine is parts manager at a GM dealership, I'll have to ask him...:) Cuz even in the brochures they list the 6L80E (6.0L Vortec) and the Allison 1000 (6.6L Dmax) as the only transmission available to general public in the 2500HD/3500?!?!:confused:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possibly fleet package only?? A good friend of mine is parts manager at a GM dealership, I'll have to ask him...:) Cuz even in the brochures they list the 6L80E (6.0L Vortec) and the Allison 1000 (6.6L Dmax) as the only transmission available to general public in the 2500HD/3500?!?!:confused:

that i dont know just fix them at the dealer but this one was not a duramax
but my manual does list it for all and 2 options

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh.. Didn't know that.. I guess you learn something new every day. I got the 6sp auto in mine but wanted a manual.

Where can you go to get them in your truck? The GM Q&A even said they dropped the manual in '06 as well..... :confused::confused::confused:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy that is Parts Manager at a GM dealership couldn't find anything for a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission for either engine in the 2500HD/3500 for the general public...however there is a manual transmission option for the Vortec for fleet customers. I know that fleet customers get better choices than the public does, go figure! But this is what ya get when a 3/4 ton truck is bought to be used as a car....they drop manual transmissions because more people want autos! Can't meet your manual trans. quota from a supplier and the supplier will turn around and sue. (Just some of the things discussed when talking to him today) :)

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy that is Parts Manager at a GM dealership couldn't find anything for a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission for either engine in the 2500HD/3500 for the general public...however there is a manual transmission option for the Vortec for fleet customers. I know that fleet customers get better choices than the public does, go figure! But this is what ya get when a 3/4 ton truck is bought to be used as a car....they drop manual transmissions because more people want autos! Can't meet your manual trans. quota from a supplier and the supplier will turn around and sue. (Just some of the things discussed when talking to him today) :)

I hate when people do that. Thats why 3/4 tonnes are more aimed at the grocery getter crowd and dropping the rugged options that are supposed to be in an HD truck. For example... The manual transmission. Back in the 09's this was understood, the truck hauls, and there was more of a market for the stick.

Then some rich soccer mom thought this would make a great grocery getter... Fast forward to 2011... We have a Chevy Avalanche, What is that?

If they start to make uni-body trucks that'll be the day... :mad:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate when people do that. Thats why 3/4 tonnes are more aimed at the grocery getter crowd and dropping the rugged options that are supposed to be in an HD truck. For example... The manual transmission. Back in the 09's this was understood, the truck hauls, and there was more of a market for the stick.

Then some rich soccer mom thought this would make a great grocery getter... Fast forward to 2011... We have a Chevy Avalanche, What is that?

If they start to make uni-body trucks that'll be the day... :mad:

Yep isn't that honda ridgeline unibody? I am pretty sure some stupid truck-suv thing that is.

Not just the stick, but rubber floors. Carpet sucks. I want a truck with some options but still rubber floors. And stupid crap like a switch for 4wd, just more electronic BS to break.

Trucks 10+ years ago were SO much better built.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep and the manufacturers make them weak on purpose because they know that MOST people who drive an "HD" truck are running around urban areas and are weekend warriors. And then ALL the manufacturers are getting sticky with their warranties to the degree of having to kiss their azz if anything goes bad on it. "Oh you abused it." You drive it down the freakin road and it's ABUSE!! :rant: I have my 3/4 ton truck and since selling my business i rarely use it...been sitting 3 weeks now cuz I will not use it as a car, that is why I have a car.

And yes the Ridgeline IS a FWD biased unit-body construction, based on the companies minivan!!! A "unibody" design is strong, BUT not for towing :nono:IMO.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as soon and the truck has been modified the clutch warranty is voided due to the torq ratings of all clutches available.even after market clutches don't have clutches that will handle the power that these trucks can put out

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep isn't that honda ridgeline unibody? I am pretty sure some stupid truck-suv thing that is.

Not just the stick, but rubber floors. Carpet sucks. I want a truck with some options but still rubber floors. And stupid crap like a switch for 4wd, just more electronic BS to break.

Trucks 10+ years ago were SO much better built.

You got it. I agree with the rubber floors. My mom's 2010 Explorer SportTrac has rubber floors and its the best dang thing to clean.

I like the electronic transfer case for ease of use. I haven't had a problem with servo motors yet.

The perfect truck for me would have these options:
Turbo Diesel
Manual trans
rubber floors
crew cab
6ft box (so I can still park) :d
4X4
Navigation

Preferably a bow tie or a ram.

Top Bottom