Warranty Sucks....

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2007 we bought a Dodge 3500 dually with the all new 6.7L Cummins with the six speed standard.

Today the truck has 51,000 km on it, it's used to haul a race trailer and until this year has sat with a cover on it for the winter....

It's been back to the shop 4 times for a lack of power and poor mileage...

36L per 100 km pulling a 14,000 40' race trailer
27L per 100 km empty ON THE HIWAY...

So this winter we buy a sled deck and take it to the mountains, went to pass was in 6h at 2000 rpm and stepped on the thottle....the clutch slipped.

It only did it once....that was a couple of a month ago

Last friday was pulling a 20' trailer with 3100 lbs and it did it again....

Took it in they warrantied the flywheel but not the clutch...

They tried charging me the labour and eventually removed that...

So I'm out in the shop picking up the old clutch as I wanted to see it.....

The Mechanic ( a great guy and an honest one) comes over and points out the loose springs in the flywheel, the evenly worn clutch (even though the write up said it had hot spots on the flywheel and clutch, it dosn't)

He goes in my opinion the spings on the clutch arnt strong enough for this motor....but it would be hard to prove.....

So I pay $1,00.00 bucks to replace a clutch and it's probally going to do it again.....

So I guess the superchips programer wasnt such a good idea....

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's actually proven that the clutch won't handle anything over stock behind the new 6.7. Guys are swapping over to double disk clutches like Southbend or Valair.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 2007 we bought a Dodge 3500 dually with the all new 6.7L Cummins with the six speed standard.

Today the truck has 51,000 km on it, it's used to haul a race trailer and until this year has sat with a cover on it for the winter....

It's been back to the shop 4 times for a lack of power and poor mileage...

36L per 100 km pulling a 14,000 40' race trailer
27L per 100 km empty ON THE HIWAY...

So this winter we buy a sled deck and take it to the mountains, went to pass was in 6h at 2000 rpm and stepped on the thottle....the clutch slipped.

It only did it once....that was a couple of a month ago

Last friday was pulling a 20' trailer with 3100 lbs and it did it again....

Took it in they warrantied the flywheel but not the clutch...

They tried charging me the labour and eventually removed that...

So I'm out in the shop picking up the old clutch as I wanted to see it.....

The Mechanic ( a great guy and an honest one) comes over and points out the loose springs in the flywheel, the evenly worn clutch (even though the write up said it had hot spots on the flywheel and clutch, it dosn't)

He goes in my opinion the spings on the clutch arnt strong enough for this motor....but it would be hard to prove.....

So I pay $1,00.00 bucks to replace a clutch and it's probally going to do it again.....

So I guess the superchips programer wasnt such a good idea....

this always makes me laugh when I see it.......dumb a$$ has more money than brains.......big difference in smell from tires to clutch.....should have taken the E-brake off!
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM3So0U1BMQ[/YT]

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge has awful warranty. A couple years ago pulled out to a strathmore timmys less than a month after we picked up our new diesel. Anyways there was this big brand new 4x4 dodge dually. Thing had a big welder on the back was running the big diesel(can't remember what it was) and was covered in lemons and said something along the lines of "if you are thinking about buying a dodge ask me about this truck." So we were looking at this truck and the guy comes so we asked him about it. Turn out he was going to a well site and it was a little muddy. He put it into 4wd and tried to get through it but just sank. Got hooked up to another truck and tried pulling out of the mudhole and blew the transmission. Took it into dodge with less than 20,000k on it and told then what happened. Wouldn't replace it because he was in the mud.

Who would think a 4x4 would be in the mud ever?

Anyways guy asked his company if he could sell his truck and buy a chev or ford. Company wouldn't let him so he just plastered the thing with lemon. Pretty funny stuff to see driving around

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe when you guys go in for Dodge warrenty you need to say I know Cyle from snow and mud.:d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this always makes me laugh when I see it.......dumb a$$ has more money than brains.......big difference in smell from tires to clutch.....should have taken the E-brake off!
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM3So0U1BMQ[/YT]

that was hilar. cant believe they were opening the hatch to find the clutch.

way more of daddys money than brains in that one.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcaeZDZBmKo&feature=player_embedded#at=42[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom