Warning if you like sledding and have kids your garage will start to look like this

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kitty Cat running again (took about 4 beers). I cannot get the Kitty Cat to idle though, any suggestions. Cleaned the carb and all the normal stuff but it only runs WOT.

Snow Scoot running again as well, (took the other 2 beers).

I guess I will have to get the kids out on the lake this weekend for some fun

Attachments

• Kitty CAt.jpg
    Kitty CAt.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 614
  • Snow Scoot.jpg
    Snow Scoot.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your slide height, should be at about 1/8" or so i think at closed throttle, then mess with the air screw if there is one to get it to go from there. either that or vacumn leak to fuel pump? plugged primary jet? crack in fuel pump diaphram, not sure how they work so just throwing ideas out there.
good luck.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont konw whole story but if not summerized I find the idle jet gums up.......the hole is so small I'd just go buy a new one for the price of it......but it could be a lot more than that!

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kitty Cat running again (took about 4 beers). I cannot get the Kitty Cat to idle though, any suggestions. Cleaned the carb and all the normal stuff but it only runs WOT.

Snow Scoot running again as well, (took the other 2 beers).

I guess I will have to get the kids out on the lake this weekend for some fun

Exactly how did you clean the carb?

Dragin

Reaction score
No it's not but the fuel line to your carb is not gravity feed it has a slight suck to fill the float bowl. The line was cracked a little right at the carb and was causing the line to lose its pull of fuel starving the motor unless there was a high air velocity through the carb. Was an easy fix only cost 5$. It's the same as a siphon it works fine as long as no air can sneek in.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Pull the carb off and pull every jet,screw,float needle and everything out.There are some really small holes and will take nothing to plug one up.I used a piece of wire from my wire brush to clean all the holes out.Look them over well. I did this lots.Got smart and after the last time i cleaned it,put new fuel line and went to princess auto and got a $2 clear fuel filter and put that in before the carb.The rubber seal in the gas tank brakes down and gets plugged up in the carb let alone what ever crap is in your jerry can.No problems any more.Part number 2,14 are the ones you realy wana look at
http://www.arcticcatpartsnation.com...0)/CARBURETOR/0185-150-1980-07-01/440701150-9

Last edited:
Top Bottom