Warn ProVantage Mid Mount Plow......

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have one and have the same problem that I do...... Being there are no instructions and nothing intuitive on how to hook my winch cable to the thing? Every document I have shows the front mount which has a crossmember on the push tubes to hook your winch on. Or, my mount kit for my quad included this silly little j-hook thing that is supposed to bolt on another crossemeber on my push tubes which also doesn't exist. All I have is the fairlead for my cable mounted on the back of the swivel and then nothing for "crossemembers" until you get to where the push tubes attach to the machine between the engine and the front diff.

If they mean for me to double back the cable to my machine, forget it. There is nothing I want to hook to on the front of my quad. I am taking it over to a welder buddy Monday/Tuesday and adding the crossemember with a way to hook my winch cable like the front mount design has. My buddy has the older pre provantage model and had the same issue. He modded his winch cable crimp and just added a shackle to hook the hook to where the fairlead was.

Otherwise seems like a nice plow but not one document in any instructions I have reference the mid mount lol.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screw it, this thing is a pile of chinese made garbage. I am taking it back tomorrow and getting a refund. Their joke of a bracket kit, although supposedly the correct part number will not fit on my quad straight even without the skid plates on. Couple that with the piss poor instructions and lack of attachment for my winch and I have had enough. Warn can shove this plow as far up their ass as they can get it.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of quad is it going on, I have a Kimpex fits great and hok up was eay.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And...... looked at my invoice and they won't take the thing back anyhow...... and if they do they charge 20% for restocking.... awesome. Guess I will buy another mounting kit and hope for the best. And of course have a mount welded on the push tubes to hook my winch line too. Chinese built garbage!

Soooo.......

Who wants a 60" Warn ProVantage snow plow?????? Anybody, lol. Buy your own mounting kit for whatever and go nuts!

Last edited:

Kymco1

Reaction score
Should look into a "Moose Plow" kit. Bolting the main hook-up plate was a bit of a pain but after that, attaching the blade is a piece of cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Naw, not interested whatsoever....... neighbors 4wd John Deere with a 14' blade does a way better job than a quad anyway. The Warn is working after modifying the mount plate and messing around with my winch cable but I am scrapping it after this year. This will be the only winter I ever use a quad for snow removal and I don't like the weight and stress it puts on the machine either. Next year will be a tractor and loader with a blade...... And when I say tractor minimum 120 hp with a cab, proper HVAC and at least a 7 or 8' blade.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Naw, not interested whatsoever....... neighbors 4wd John Deere with a 14' blade does a way better job than a quad anyway. The Warn is working after modifying the mount plate and messing around with my winch cable but I am scrapping it after this year. This will be the only winter I ever use a quad for snow removal and I don't like the weight and stress it puts on the machine either. Next year will be a tractor and loader with a blade...... And when I say tractor minimum 120 hp with a cab, proper HVAC and at least a 7 or 8' blade.

Do you have pics?? Just asking. Seems you are a little stressed just want to see how a mid mount blade works on a quad.
Thanks

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skid steer !!!!!!!$

Lol. Rich mans toy, or poor fools idea of a business. No thanks! I have a particular tractor I want, and to get it, I need to replace it for the owner. Might have found a replacement for it but time will tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom