warm weather ridding

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i found out in warm weather my 07 860 fouls the plugs lots ... so riding in the trees is not easy when the plugs foul.... what can i do... where do i start to fix this...it was like +10 ... 0 and cooler it doesnt happen

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesnt the dpm suppost too to take care of that ... stock jets are 470 ... i am using 480....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had the same problem sort of. when you take the spark plug cap off the plug, are you finding lots of black carbon deposits on the plug. if so you may have a bad plug wire to cap connection, which was very common on these sleds. makes it run like crap. you can just change the cap as changing the wire is a pain in the azz. when pulling off the plug cap you are not supposed to twist or force it on as that breaks the carbon wire. may not be your problem but easy to check. your jetting should be ok, if it runs fine in the open, unless you have other problems.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had the same problem sort of. when you take the spark plug cap off the plug, are you finding lots of black carbon deposits on the plug. if so you may have a bad plug wire to cap connection, which was very common on these sleds. makes it run like crap. you can just change the cap as changing the wire is a pain in the azz. when pulling off the plug cap you are not supposed to twist or force it on as that breaks the carbon wire. may not be your problem but easy to check. your jetting should be ok, if it runs fine in the open, unless you have other problems.

i will have to do that thanks

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
close the carb heat

Actually if you check the owners manuals for the doo's they say to run the carb heaters in above freazing temps.

The warmer the air, the more humidity potential in the carbs, as the air comes into the intakes it cools and freezes the humidity build up and thats when you usually run into issues. Warm air can hold more moisture than cold air. There have been lots of posts about the carb heaters in the past being utilized wrong.

I am not saying this is your issue, but wanted to clarify a potential misconseption. It is possible you are at the dew point when riding in warmer temps and could have some carb freeze up though. So if you had the carb heater you could try it, but you don't.

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesnt the dpm suppost too to take care of that ... stock jets are 470 ... i am using 480....

I don't feel the dpm compensates well for a wide temperature range. You are also using richer jets than stock in warm weather. I would lean down and watch your plug color.

nielsy

Reaction score
when i had my 07 xrs i ran 450s and timing advanced 2 extra degrees

Top Bottom