want some info on K&N filters for the M8

falk

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one knows, i put on a K&N filter on my m8 now i was reading in a magzine that it is'nt good in deep powder does any one have one that can give some info. Also how to stop the snow from getting under the filter and stopping half of my air flow

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow isn't the only problem.. You will make less power if your motor is breathing in hot air compared to cold air...

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id look into getting a cold air intake for it before anything. But if you want to go with filters use the kickass filter with a K&N prefilter sock. They flow more air than the K&N and the prefilter wont allow the snow through.:D

M7Plus

Reaction score
I ran the D&D firebreather intake (which is just a big K&N filter fit for the newer cat sleds) but I put the pre-filter on it with BDX vent filters in the nose vents. I also put 6 bulls-eyes in the front belly pan under the front bumper and SLP vents behind the A-arms on clutch side, with of course side panel vents. got rid of all that hot air gave the filter cold fresh air and no snow under the hood, even in the steep and deep stuff. imo the K&N works well but if you want to run one you need to do alittle work to get rid of all that warm air it will want to suck. The vent kits are on SLP, BDX, and bulls-eye's web sites.

Top Bottom