Want Running Board 2011 Pro Rmk

Warped Riderz

Reaction score
Ok I keep going back and forth about what running boards are the best for the bargin.. I am a solid 202 pound guy that likes to do the rough riding and Hillclimbing.. I have been dealing with stock running boards and bad snow build up on all of my sleds and the Pro Rmk seem to have the same issues with the stock boards. I would like sturdy and light. Anyone have suggestions.
I have my concerns about Better Boards are they worth it.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering ordering a set of Skinz Air Frame Boards for my new XP. They look pretty sweet. Snow build-up will be non existent. Has anyone had any experiences with these?

The Betterboards for the Pro look pretty good too though and there is the heavy duty option. I don't like them for the XP as they don't go all the way down the boards.

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 210 + my gear and I've been running the tunnel reinforcements and they have been great. Lots of drops, jumping, and climbing with no bending. Resonably priced too.
2878178.jpg

Still have to stop once in a while to clean the snow off the boards, but I had better boards on my 08' and still had the same issue. Good excuse for a beer break, and always carried a small plastic shovel. I think the only way you eliminate snow build up is the Air Boards, but that's a good chunk of cash.

5-30-2011 066.jpg
Stopped a runaway sled and got t-boned with quite minimal damage, held up pretty solid I thought.

Warped Riderz

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering ordering a set of Skinz Air Frame Boards for my new XP. They look pretty sweet. Snow build-up will be non existent. Has anyone had any experiences with these?QUOTE]

Those Skins Running Boards look sweet.. the install on those look to be trimming off the original and then riviting it them into place. Leaving about 1/2 inch of the original to let the boards rest on.. on the front end of the boards what would people recremend... and is does anyone have any tricks or need to does when putting them on.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
No special tricks or requirements to put the Skinz boards on. The instruction set supplied with them is very detailed. You can use a structural bond adhesive in addition to the rivets if desired. On our M sled we used just rivets with no issues. Here is a link to some pictures of the installation.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check out the WRP running boards. They are a running board similar to the snow eliminator but they also have part that runs up the side of the tunnel so that it also works as a tunnel stiffner.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive tried the better boards type of stiffeners, and IMO they dont work that well. You are still constantly kicking snow out, and they still bend. Got to check out a set of the Skinz one the other weekend on Dan Adams' sled. He hits some pretty big stuff and they still look like new. I was really impressed. They are pricey though.

Mainjet motorsports is planning on building tubular running boards. They plan on offering them quite a bit cheaper than the skinz ones from what I have heard. Ill throw up a post when I know more about them.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to truly eliminate snow build up is to wrap the tunnel in vinyl. pretty cheap. I have used both better boards and snow eliminators in the past. I find that the snow sticks to the side of the warm tunnel and then freezes when you stock. It just keeps building up. the vinyl will stop the snow from sticking to the tunnel. better boards did seem to work the best out of the ones I have used.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check out the WRP running boards. They are a running board similar to the snow eliminator but they also have part that runs up the side of the tunnel so that it also works as a tunnel stiffner.

Thats what I have on my sled are the WRP boards. Couldnt remember the name of them when I made my last post. Im not impressed with them at all. The snow still builds up the same. And the are REALLY bent. My running boards probably dip down a couple of inches. They look horrible. Mind you Im 235 without gear and definitely dont baby my sled.

When I was on Dan's sled though, I couldnt get the Skinz boards to flex even a little bit no matter what I did.

sledhead2010

Reaction score
Thats what I have on my sled are the WRP boards. Couldnt remember the name of them when I made my last post. Im not impressed with them at all. The snow still builds up the same. And the are REALLY bent. My running boards probably dip down a couple of inches. They look horrible. Mind you Im 235 without gear and definitely dont baby my sled.

When I was on Dan's sled though, I couldnt get the Skinz boards to flex even a little bit no matter what I did.

Does someone have a crush on Dan? :d

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Brad from XXXModRods and it looks like there is enough demand and they're going to start making their sweet boards for the Pro's as well!! I'm stoked, I've always run their boards and been super happy with their product and it's durability as well as functionality. just lettin ya all know there is another manufacturer for boards out there and they have experience making a good product! They'll be out in time for the fall snow shows!

spooled

Reaction score
cr racing pro boards they come in whatever colours you want

pro_boards1.jpg

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
better boards now have an hd option for the pro rmk. They are a little thicking to help prevent saging of the boards.

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Skinz Air Frame.......stronger/stiffer than stock on my 2010 M8. Easy install and snow simply will not be an issue. You WILL NOT be disappointed. Can't say the same for WRP on the TNytro I had.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tubular running boards are the only way to go. The CR, ratsled, and WRP wide boards look nice enough.......but they are still going to build up with snow. Snow packs in on any flat spot and the next thing you know you are back to constantly kicking snow off. I wish there was more companies making the tubular ones. Maybe the price would come down a bit.

Top Bottom