Want lower bars on my pro. What are the options

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking into it. Called ProTaper today and was told to call back monday. Looking to see if they have a bar that's 2" lower and maybe 1" narrower with a similar bend. Will let you know what I find.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm keepin this one at the top cause I as well would like about 2" lower Protapers. Have you heard back yet?

Jordo22

Reaction score
I'm wondering too?? I'm 6' and 210 with gear and just added a 2" riser hoping for better balance on my 12 Assault....thinking I made a mistake going to a short track (155 Camo Extreme) after coming off of 162's.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How short are you guys?

Short and fat, LOL- 5'6", 210lbs. I have no problem pulling the sled over its just that if the bars were to be the 2" lower it would be more in the "power band" of my arm pull if that makes sense. I think it will be far easier manovering in the trees, sidehilling etc.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so hard to find after all. Recreation Supply in Saskatoon had 2 of the 5" in Stock. Now they only have one. :)

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got some news for you. If you want a 2" lower bar you have to go with the Pro Taper SE Honda Mini bars, the stock bars are the XR50 bars. They are 54mm lower, pretty close to 2" lower and have a very similar rise and sweep as the motorcross guys. I ordered one and it should be here by friday but I'll be in the mountains till monday. So when I get it I'll let you know how they compared, but it should be fine.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
How short are you guys?

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

I'm 6' tall. When I'm in a nasty sidehill it feels like the bars are too close to my chest and the sled is harder to balance than it should be. The sled rocks, I just think it would be a little easier to handle in really technical terrain with lower bars.

Farmer88

Reaction score
How did the pro taper bars work out for you? Do you have a part number for those mini bars?

Reaction score
I am 5'5" and run with a two inch riser. You will have no leverage hunched over and will likely hurt your back pulling up all day

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I put them on. A good two inches lower. I even cut of about 3/4" off each side and installed my SLP 45 degree hooks. Put on new foam grips, sure feels good. Might even take out some vibrations. Blow off grips with blow gun, heat up handwarmer tape and peel off . Be careful so when you peal it off the element comes with the tape. Install new bar and set it up like you want and reverse procedure to install. I had to use some electrical tape to hold down the handwarmer. The PRO TAPER Honda mini bar #is 025236. Hope this helps. Oh Ya! On the one end of the bar it's knurled so I took sandpaper and Smoothen it out so it doesn't dig in to handwarmer element.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'5" too and this set up is just perfect and I have about an inch of stretch when I pull back. Yes I agree with you that if your too tall you'll get a sore back.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Night and day difference in the mountains when sidehilling or any technical riding. I love the way my sled feels now with the RSI 5" riser bars. One of the best Mods I have done. WAY easier to control now.

Top Bottom