Wandering River Snowmobile Rally Feb 26

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looks like the Wandering River Rec Association will be putting on a sled rally on Feb 26th. We are located about on highway 63 north of Grassland. More details to follow.

Thanks

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's the info for the rally. Looks like it is a go, snow conditions look good as of today, hopefully no more rain.

Feb 26th, 2011
Wandering River Snowmobile Rally
Aprrox 80km long, I will post up exact km's once I have a chance to ride the route again and clock the route.
It is mixed riding, some ditches, trail riding, and lakes and rivers.

Registration 9:30am - 12:00
Registration is $25 per person, additional hands are $10 each.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Supper is included in the registration fee

There will be hot food available at the third checkpoint, it is being done by the minor ball club and all proceeds from it are going to them.

Cash payout for the top two hands, and there are lots of door prizes.
50/50 draw as well.

Start point is Breynat Hall, located at Km 38 on the west side of highway 63 north of Grassland.

If you are interested in coming feel free to contact me with any questions. Thanks, and hope to see you here!

Kurtis
(780)-212-3004

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, just spent the last few days riding and cleaning the trails, and man is there a lot of snow in out there! Wish I had got some pics, but most places is knee to thigh deep, and not a track in it. Had a blast doing the trail!

Anyway, the rally is 78kms long, about 14km is ditch banging, the rest is a mix of pipelines and bush trails. We also hit Round lake and Lyle lake and follow the Wandering River for a ways.

Got another 4" of snow the night before last, and more is expected!

Prizes will be based on how many entries there are, and many business from Lac La Biche, Plamondon, Grassland, Athabasca, Boyle and Wandering River have donated a ton of great items for door prizes!

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuff is starting to come together really well. Keeps on snowing, got another 3 to 4 inches the other night! The weather has cooperated nicely, hasn't been warm enough to melt, and with it dropping real low at night there won't be any issues with overflow on the lakes.

We have begun recieving stuff for door prizes, and I am simply astounded at the generosity of the local businesses that have donated items. There must be 40 or more, and many are extremely nice!

Should be a good time, we have been seeing a lot of interest so hopefully if this year goes over well we'll be doing it again next year.

Hope to see you here!

Top Bottom