Waiting For Snow - Are "U" Ready ?

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I gotta say it QUADS ARE FOR SUMMER KEEP UR JUNK AT HOME AND SAVE THE TRAILS FOR PEOPLE WITH SLEDS!!! that's all I have to say about that!

Ok, but what makes you so freak'in special .... and like someone once said .... "Why can't we all .... just get along !!??" :sadbanana: ...... besides, I didn't know only sleds could enjoy the great outdoors in the winter :eek: .... Oh well ... glad I don't have to put up with yer type :cool: .... Now where were we before we were so rudely interrupted ?? ......... Oh yeah ..... we was out track'in in the snow ..... with our Junk !!! :party2:

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, but what makes you so freak'in special .... and like someone once said .... "Why can't we all .... just get along !!??" :sadbanana: ...... besides, I didn't know only sleds could enjoy the great outdoors in the winter :eek: .... Oh well ... glad I don't have to put up with yer type :cool: .... Now where were we before we were so rudely interrupted ?? ......... Oh yeah ..... we was out track'in in the snow ..... with our Junk !!! :party2:
Hear here! Now I'm sure it is just a misunderstanding between sledders and quaders, but I think that tracks on a quad is awesome! Now lets all go and have a good time..hopefully in some snow....

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Tracks are awesome in the winter time. Ridden a couple different set ups and i think its impossible to get them stuck. Buddy of mine managaed to do it once, but was pulling a trailer with tires.

Freaking awesome where they will go in the skeg to till u have problems. Like finding a stick submerged sideways under the skeg and the track goes under instead of over, or side hilling in mud and it slides sideways and something catches the track. They have a tendancy to run the idlers out of the track.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
For those that run the robb rally, u may have seen this a few years ago.
Stupid thing is that 5 winch lines couldnt pull him out, But at the same time he wasn't really stuck. It was a log in the edge of the mud hole that one track kept on going underneath. Once we figured that out (1 1/2 hours later, and a destroyed track) we removed the log and he backed out on his own power.
robb3.jpg

robb4.jpg

robb1.jpg

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I gotta say it QUADS ARE FOR SUMMER KEEP UR JUNK AT HOME AND SAVE THE TRAILS FOR PEOPLE WITH SLEDS!!! that's all I have to say about that!

Thank you FOREST GUMP! Didn't know you were in charge of making the rules.

If you need to have trails exclusively for YOU to ride, it dosen't say much for your riding ability or experience. Sounds more like a post you'd see on HCS.

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any action shots?

Below are a couple real short video clips .....

how fast can you go with the tracks on?

Was out last Saturday & my GPS at one point read I did 31.6 mph. However, the average is somewhere between 11 to 22 mph, depending on snow conditions.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGfXN-tdXQ[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QH23Fa1Z90[/media]

And here's a few from last year I put together ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGtW0P5_-ms[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZf0utdTb9E[/media]

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tracks are awesome in the winter time. Ridden a couple different set ups and i think its impossible to get them stuck. Buddy of mine managaed to do it once, but was pulling a trailer with tires.

Freaking awesome where they will go in the skeg to till u have problems. Like finding a stick submerged sideways under the skeg and the track goes under instead of over, or side hilling in mud and it slides sideways and something catches the track. They have a tendancy to run the idlers out of the track.

I've been stuck a couple times ... one time at the first of last season when there wasn't a base to the snow yet ... I pulled off the beaten path ... forgot to put it in 4-wheel drive ... OOPS !!

The other time, with still no base to the snow ... I just went down .... but both times, I did a little digging & was able to drive right out.

We won't discuss what happen when ya go thru the ice on ponds or heavy runoff :eek:

For those that run the robb rally, u may have seen this a few years ago.
Stupid thing is that 5 winch lines couldnt pull him out, But at the same time he wasn't really stuck. It was a log in the edge of the mud hole that one track kept on going underneath. Once we figured that out (1 1/2 hours later, and a destroyed track) we removed the log and he backed out on his own power.

DAMN !!! ... That looks bad !!! ... Glad to hear he was able to get out.

Attachments

• CIMG3065.jpg
    CIMG3065.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Stuck-Again.JPG
    Stuck-Again.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Is_Getting_Deeper.jpg
    Is_Getting_Deeper.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 25

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I've been stuck a couple times ... one time at the first of last season when there wasn't a base to the snow yet ... I pulled off the beaten path ... forgot to put it in 4-wheel drive ... OOPS !!

The other time, with still no base to the snow ... I just went down .... but both times, I did a little digging & was able to drive right out.

We won't discuss what happen when ya go thru the ice on ponds or heavy runoff :eek:

DAMN !!! ... That looks bad !!! ... Glad to hear he was able to get out.
That ice looks totally messed up. Kinda surprised u managed to get temporarilly movement impaired there. Tried to do it myself, buried the machine up to the fenders in a hole and drove out like it wasn't even there.

That year at Robb was running a set of Kimpex commander tracks. After all the problems, a set of Mattracks was slung on, which presented a whole new set of problems the next year worse than the first.

But u live and learn. A bad day of Quadding is still better than a good day of work

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That ice looks totally messed up. Kinda surprised u managed to get temporarilly movement impaired there. Tried to do it myself, buried the machine up to the fenders in a hole and drove out like it wasn't even there.

I had to winch outta that ice hole. The water was about waist deep (don't ask how I know it was that deep) .... the ice was about 2 or 3 inches thick, but crumbly .... I just couldn't get the back tracks to climb up on it ... them having no angle of attack ... I ended up winching out using my snowshoes as a deadman ... and it ruined'em too !!

But u live and learn. A bad day of Quadding is still better than a good day of work

YEAH BUDDY !!!!

Top Bottom