Waiparous May Long Weekend -Cops-

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I was just listening on the radio and Waiparous (just outside of Calgary) is a main target area this weekend for off road adventurers.
They will be checking for registration and insurance, alcohol and bad behavior.
There will be Parks people watching and when needed calling in the Police and at time the Police will be doing random checks.

Basically what they said was that all parks are on higher alert for poor behavior. They also said that "I Didn't Know That" will not be an accepted excuse for helmets, insurance or drinking and driving (any motorized vehicle), excessive noise and riding on private property.

Like in past long weekends they are sending a signal to those causing the problems and the remaining 90% of us are ok.

Also remember most the Gv't campgrounds are booze free zones this weekend. Basically the same ticket as you get for open booze in a boat or public property.

Just thought I would share this.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have read that a LOT of provincial parks have actually put a liquor ban on over the long weekend as well. Wabamun, Pigeon, Gull, and several others.

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yep, they spoke about that and the difference it has made for problems and damage. I like a few too many beers from time to time but it was turning into a gong show at the parks.

I have read that a LOT of provincial parks have actually put a liquor ban on over the long weekend as well. Wabamun, Pigeon, Gull, and several others.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, they spoke about that and the difference it has made for problems and damage. I like a few too many beers from time to time but it was turning into a gong show at the parks.

when I was in grade 12 I worked at wabamun driving the firewood truck, and doing cleanup. I saw lots of BS, but got lots of free stuff for camping at teh same time lol.

People throw out a lot at the end of their stays, airbeds, chairs, whatever,

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Did I throw wood at you one weekend....
Sorry Man!!!

when I was in grade 12 I worked at wabamun driving the firewood truck, and doing cleanup. I saw lots of BS, but got lots of free stuff for camping at teh same time lol.

People throw out a lot at the end of their stays, airbeds, chairs, whatever,

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the poplar places will be checked and enforced. Brule and the Ghost will be under a watch the whole weekend.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Did I throw wood at you one weekend....
Sorry Man!!!

I cannot begin to tell what is wrong with this statement....Ron can we get one of those foot in mouth smilies for bunny?
1.gif

2.gif

1.gif

1.gif

Top Bottom